Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

do you have a breaking point?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok i have heard the term that in love that opposites attract. well i was trying to figure out how that works because in my experience i have seen it as good girls going for the wrong guys and the good guys falling for the worst women. well i have been in a long term relationship with a guy for nearly 5 years and in the course of the 5 years he has been with and lived and had a child with another women for 3 out of those 5 years. Along the way i continued to act as if all of the horrible things we went thru was just bumps in the road and we were able to over come everything together. but its kinda like he uses the same excuses and lies over and over again. and like i said we been around each other on a consistent basis for 5 years so i know when he is lying or being sneaky i can see right thru it. and he knows that i know but he continues to lie and betray me. i love him so very much but i love myself more and when we do try to break it off  he stays away for a week or so and pulls me back in every time. I'm torn between leaving him and staying. its like my heart over powers my mind and i don't know if that's healthy.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
armstrong7984
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Doesnt sound healthy to me at all. Maybe realize that you can do alot better, maybe find a man who wants to get married and have a family. GL

Mommyof2114
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:36 PM
That doesn't sound good. You can do better! You need to stay strong and move on. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I'm sorry hun but that doesn't sound like a very healthy relationship at all.  I would leave and find a man who will love and respect you because it's what you deserve.

by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM
So him living with someone else and having a baby with her WASN'T your breaking point?

Mine would have been when he left
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM

That's not what "opposites attract" is about. It's when each partner completes a part of the other that they are missing. My hubby and I are total opposite and it is why we work so well. He is outspoken and won't let anyone walk over him, where as I am more passive. He keeps that from happening to me and has taught me to stand up for myself. I am much more compassionate, whereas he is not, I get him to take a persons feelings into consideration. I'm soft, he's hard and together we make a happy medium. What you have is someone who cares and has their heart committed vs. someone who lies and isn't willing to put in the work. Your relationship doesn't sound healthy. You know yourself that a successful relationship is not a one sided one. If you see hope for a happy healthy future, then keep at it, make changes. If you don't then it's ok to move on. Something to ask yourself is if it is him you love, or the idea of what he could be? It is good to hope, but sometimes we have to face reality and realize what we loved wasn't really there. Take time, think things through, pros vs. cons and all that, but don't ignore your heart. 

Hectictracy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
My breaking point would've been a long time ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adamswife08
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Sounds like you kind of answered yourself. You know he's sneaky and lying and hes been with another woman and has a child with her. Why stay? Hes no good for you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN