Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My BF, His Ex and their DD's Birthday... What should I tell him?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok Last night my Bfs ex texted him that their (gonna be 3 y/o) DD's birthday is right around the corner (in April) and that shes gonna book this place (I think its a bouncy house place) to have the party (I was looking at them yesterday for my 6 y/o and theyre way too expensive $175-$275 just for the party) and that he needs to get together a list of his family members to invite... Well my BF feels/has felt that since they are no longer together and can hardly even be civil that holidays and birthdays at this time should be celebrated seperately. (She tried to include herself in his families xmas when it was his holiday to have the lil girl and he DID NOT take that very well.) I think she has every right to invite who ever to the party, Its not a big deal... He didnt respond to her just asked me what he should do and I told him she can invite anyone she wants Its her party... Well a little while after that she sends another text saying that she just did the calculations and his 1/2 of the expenses would come to just under $300... He FLIPPED... We cannot afford to drop $300 like that and neither can she... Shes not to an age that a party is gonna be a big deal, We ARE going to celebrate her bday at home with a party with his family since we are expecting a baby the week before his DD's bday/party. He is a very level headed man and looks at things rationally but he kind of comes unglued when it comes to dealing with her. There is no possible way that we could drop that kind of money even if he was ok with sharing her birthday... He doesnt wanna "attack" her or fight with her and I can tell hes not too sure how hes gonna go about it, So what should I tell him?

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Simple, he tells her the truth. He did not agree on doing that party with her. He has no plans on going in half with her and he wants to celebrate seperately because he doesn't think they can be civil enough to do it together. 

LClark1973
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I agree with previous poster. He never agreed to go in halfs on a party for the little girl. It sounds like he knows he is unable to put aside his feelings for BM to have a joint party. The BM just needs to back off.

Serenity7
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:10 PM

He should tell her that he does not have 300 dollars to spend on a birthday party

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM
He should tell her no straight up. And yeah 300$ is much. If she wants to do the party, she should pay it herself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Tell her he will be doing a separate party on his time and that she is free to do it wherever she pleases but he will not be attending or contributing to her party . That from here on out parties and holidays will be on the allotted time separate and at each parents own expense
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jewl-e
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I agree, The only thing is that She is notorious for trying to make him feel bad... Like I can imagine her saying "well wtf, I knew that you were gonna totally forget about DD with the new baby..." and things like that. She tries to make his entire family feel bad for nothing and I dont understand why it bothers them, Im not phased by shit she says cuz I see them bend over backwards just to keep a good relationship with her so Im gonna bet that when he does tell her NO shes gonna go crying to his mom/family... Shes exhausting...

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Simple, he tells her the truth. He did not agree on doing that party with her. He has no plans on going in half with her and he wants to celebrate seperately because he doesn't think they can be civil enough to do it together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)