Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rose bouquet or Rose bush?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok. The Valentines day post  put a thought in my head....

Do you prefer getting a bouquet of roses (or any flower) or an actual rose bush (plant)?

I would rather receive the actual plant rather than just a bouquet. I look at the plant like I look at love. It has roots, it is steady and deep. It has a purpose season after season, it lasts. In order for it to continue to bloom and grow you have to take care of it, spend time on it. And every year if you treat it correctly you are awarded a beautiful gift.  It's consistent. You can admire and cherish it year after year.

A bouquet, however beautiful and stunning. It only shows off it's good qualities. It is like a flash, it's sudden, instantly gratifying, but quickly fades and dies and only leaves a faint memory.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I would proably want a bouquet, only because I'm not good with plants, or flowers.. They always die =\
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armywifeholcomb
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Me too!! Lol
Tho I wouldn't mind Trying.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

I would proably want a bouquet, only because I'm not good with plants, or flowers.. They always die =\

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Plant! ! ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM

lol. I grew up on a farm. We always had a garden, and lots of flowering plants. Maybe try a hardy plant and practice your hand on it first? Orchids are my favorite flower, but I have such a hard time with them.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

alf2651
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I'd prefer the bouquet. I'd love a rose bush, but I have a bit of a black thumb.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM
My mom always had plants and flowers and they were always beautiful. I'm like cursed or something, I can't even keep a spider plant alive and aren't those easy to take care of? Lol

Quoting MagicTemptation:

lol. I grew up on a farm. We always had a garden, and lots of flowering plants. Maybe try a hardy plant and practice your hand on it first? Orchids are my favorite flower, but I have such a hard time with them.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)