Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does this make me a bad wife?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not trying to be innappropriate, I really want to know if I'm the only one....I HATE when DH wants oral sex. I avoid it at all costs, and get mad when he pushes me to do it. Does that make me a bad wife? (According to him it does). Does it make me selfish? What are your thoughts on the subject?

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
babybugsmomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I am the same. I hate doing it and dread the moment my dh says anything about it. He says the reason we dont have sex is because I wont.  He tells me that  I have to give in order to get.

KeimUNCmomof3
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:51 AM

No, you're not a bad wife.  

msbusychild
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:44 AM
Quoting babybugsmomma:

I am the same. I hate doing it and dread the moment my dh says anything about it. He says the reason we dont have sex is because I wont.  He tells me that  I have to give in order to get.

Ugh! Sounds familiar....
msbusychild
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Quoting MixedCooke:

I have stopped doing it altogether.  I gues for me when i was in my 20s and still experimenting, etc. , it was no big deal but as a Mother, it just doesnt feel appropriate anymore.  Plus I just think of health reasons that I am going to be down there and then kissing my kids on the face, just seems wrong to me.  I guess I am getting more prude-ish as I age.  : /

This is exactly how I feel about it.
msbusychild
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:48 AM
He knows. I've told him on many occasions. He basically acts like it's my duty.....

Quoting DKk0531:

Have you mentioned to him you dont like it? Its not my fav thing to do, i dont like it and dh knows. I might do it once in awhile but dh doesnt force it at all. Sounds like you should mention you really dont like doing it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:40 AM

I dont like doing it either. I know DH wants it more but I just dont like it. I will do it once in a while just before having sex. Not just to do that act in itself. 

raye-chan
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine does the same thing to a point. My hubby always wants to get laid and I just haven't felt in the mood for it nor physically feel good to.

him pushing you to do it though isn't right. He should be happy with everything else rather than focusing on that one particular thing. Find a medium is the only thing I can suggest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:07 AM
4 moms liked this
I like doing it! I'm surprised by the answers. If he asks for it daily, its obviously important to him. I would do it as much as i could get myself to do it (if i didn't like it) to please it. That's just me i guess.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
This
You're gonna get ladies that tell you you are .... Don't listen to that crap!

Quoting Taynhannahsmom:

No it doesn't make you a bad wife. Nothing wrong with not liking oral. It's not for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM
No not a bad wife. You just don't like doing that. I would tell yoir husband I am sorry but I just don't like doing that. I don't understand about the whole pushing thong why do people feel they have to push a subject like that and hope the pressure would make them do something they don't want to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)