Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does this make me a bad wife?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not trying to be innappropriate, I really want to know if I'm the only one....I HATE when DH wants oral sex. I avoid it at all costs, and get mad when he pushes me to do it. Does that make me a bad wife? (According to him it does). Does it make me selfish? What are your thoughts on the subject?

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Replies (281-287):
Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I love doing it, unless it's expected or asked for. If a guy asks me to do it, or motions for it, I just wont do it because it loses it's appeal for me. My husband is not the type that really cares either way about oral. I'm sure he enjoys it when I do it, but I know he's okay when I don't. It's not selfish to not want to do something you don't enjoy doing. I'm pretty sure giving oral wasn't in your vows.

Lovemybaby551
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I agree that him pushing you to do it makes him the bad husband. Theres nothing wrong with not liking oral I dont like it either but my hubby doesnt push me to do it if he did it would make me mad. Your not selfish or a bad wife

goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I'm my husbands whore ( by my choice. lol ) cant keep my hands or mouth off of him. . i do it alot. my ex never got it once until he forced me :( if you dont like it, and it makes you uncomfortable . . dont do it. and if he's too selfish to realize that. . you have an issue on your hands :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarrieOkey9112
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM
This doesnt make you selfish at all. Plus him wanting it all the time and pushing you adds to the " you not wanting to do it"... i use to NOT like to do it for various reasons but with my SO i have been with for 7 months i have never been so comfortable with anyone like i am with him and i love pleasing him. But i do think you should talk about it with him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JJsmommy4evr
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Well Am I a dirty naughty wife cause I want to? I may be a little kinkier than I thought cause I ask him if he wants me to, he never asks for it. Heck I have only been with him so I thought I was normal...maybe I am not. He seems happy though:)

You not wanting to does not make you selfish infact him trying to give the guilt trip makes it seem dirty and almost forceful; if anything he's the selfish one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
msbusychild
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Wow, I didn't realize how much feedback I'd get, lol! But thanks to everyone! I appreciate it. Things have been going better between hubby and I recently regarding this issue :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMerkle126
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I think the only way it would make you a bad wife is if you expected him to go down on you even if you weren't doing it for him. But oral isn't everyone's thing. I always hated giving head until I met my husband. Sometimes I guess it just has to be the right person, but I still don't think everyone enjoys it. I think it would be nice if you would still do it sometimes, because it shows him that you love him and want to make him happy, but on the flip side, he needs to be more understanding of the fact that you just don't enjoy it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)