Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you married or engaged?

Posted by   + Show Post
Did he give any signs before he proposed?.... My boyfriend/kids dad have been getting excited lately every time we talk about marriage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Replies (21-30):
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Married 11 years this Friday!:)

Almost 3 months after dating he said "Lets go to Vegas and elope". Well, that didn't happen but I did get my ring a month and a half later.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm married and there were no signs he was going to ask me before he did because his proposal was 100% spontaneous. We were on a dinner cruise that his company sponsored, sitting up on the deck watching the moon shining over Pensacola Bay and this couple behind us were talking. The girl was sooo hammered and we were giggling over how badly drunk she was. She told the guy, "Hey, you could be my boyfriend. Do you want to be my boyfriend?" He said, "I'd love to be your boyfriend." I said to hubby, "Don't beat around the bush, just come right out and ask" referring to what she'd said and he chuckled and said, "Hey, do you want to be my wife?" I stared at him a moment, checking whether he was serious and seeing he was and then answered, "I'd love to be your wife." We picked out my ring together the next day. :)

2lilmamas
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Married
alyssa1
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

neither here is a bump

Keatonzmom
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I'm engaged as of Christmas Eve. Well, he slipt up one night when he was drinking and mentioned he thinks he has a deal worked out "as in getting a ring" but that was over a month before he proposed. I only had a small idea because it was Christmas Eve and that was our year anniversary of being together and he always said he wanted to wait at least a year to get engaged. That and we're having a baby soon.. so.. none of this is probably related to your situation at all and not helpful lol. But, it's exciting stuff.. good luck!

pregnancy calendar

sweetmissy_05
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Married..and yes we knew we wanted to get married before hand...so it wasn't really a surprise. 

sillytime
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Married 10 years. I knew just didn't know when or where he was going to do it. It was Valenties evening and we were getting ready to go out to dinner and he decided to ask e at our apt because he was to nervous to do it at the restaurant. Lol he did a good job it was cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
naj2013
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow... Awesome!, thats really unexpected

Quoting Cafe Steph:

I'm married and there were no signs he was going to ask me before he did because his proposal was 100% spontaneous. We were on a dinner cruise that his company sponsored, sitting up on the deck watching the moon shining over Pensacola Bay and this couple behind us were talking. The girl was sooo hammered and we were giggling over how badly drunk she was. She told the guy, "Hey, you could be my boyfriend. Do you want to be my boyfriend?" He said, "I'd love to be your boyfriend." I said to hubby, "Don't beat around the bush, just come right out and ask" referring to what she'd said and he chuckled and said, "Hey, do you want to be my wife?" I stared at him a moment, checking whether he was serious and seeing he was and then answered, "I'd love to be your wife." We picked out my ring together the next day. :)

kmt_771
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Married for 13 years together for 20.

naj2013
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I wish you many many more years of love and happiness

Quoting kmt_771:

Married for 13 years together for 20.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)