Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Rev Up Your Romance Challenge Day 7: Spice up Your Bedroom ~ WIN A BONUS PRIZE!!

Posted by   + Show Post

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Coffee Mug!

Welcome to Day 7 of the Rev Up Your Romance Challenge!

What does your bedroom look like? Is it warm and inviting, calm and relaxing, sexy and exciting? If it isn't sexy already, try spicing it up with satin sheets or scented candles, just to set the mood. Share pictures of your sexy space!

Do you like candles in your bedroom?
Have you ever tried satin sheets?
What could you do to make your bedroom more romantic?

One member who signs up for our Rev Up Your Romance Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Rev Up Your Romance Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

Official Rules 

• The Rev Up Your Romance Bonus 2 Giveaway starts 2/13/13 at 1am (ET) and ends 2/28/13 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to 7 of the 10 daily posts with appropriate comments during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Coffee Mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 3/7/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Replies (131-140):
jsupak
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM

our bedroom is not romantic as of now, we have 2 teenagers, 1 toddler and the baby still sleeps in a pack n play in our bedroom...This coming weekend the teenagers will babysit while we go out to a dinner and a movie.

angelize
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Our bedroom is not sexy or enticing, but we are doing romantic things we do light candles and sometimes have soft music in the background... Love it!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
firelily90
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Yes I love candles!! I have tons in my room..

No, but we use silk sometimes..

We could take the babies bassinet out, since he's in crib now, that might make it more romantic

Mommyof1014
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:58 PM

My bedroom is sexy to me... Not to him! But he doesn't care! I have a zebra printed comforter and pink sheets! lol Pink and Red put me in the mood! Plus I love zebra print! :) I also have at least 3 candles on each dresser or night stand! (2 night stands and 2 dressers)! I also have a lamp that is really dim and creates a pinkish redish tint to the bedroom which puts me well into the mood! No I have never tried satin sheets... I don't like the way they feel! 

Sharkgirl7
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM

can't in our apt but we use scentsy!

Yes, HATE THEM!! Nothing ever stays on the bed!

clean it LOL

bellygirl
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Our bedroom is very "balanced".  My friends have compared it to an upscale hotel room.  We have a king size bed, night stands on either side, the same lamps on the night stands.  Our bedroom furniture is coffee in color.  I change my comforter each season.  However, the constant color is orange.  This winter my colors are orange, grey and cream.  I love my throw pillows, even though my husbands thinks they are useless.  My bedroom is truly my sanctuary.  It is in my bedroom where me and my children spend most of our time at home.  We watch tv, do homework, play, read stories, exercise....Oh, yes, and by morning we're all sleeping in our bed (me, husband, 9 year old son, twin 3 year old boys and 3 year old neice). 

tryingmommy1984
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I haven't tried satin sheets but it would be nice :) I don't have candles in my bedroom but that would be nice too. I can do a ton of things to make it more romantic if I just took the time to do them. 

kstchr
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM

We like to light several candles, but have never tried rose petals or satin sheets. Our room is definitely not sexy, but seeing it by dim candlelight does help one not to notice the clutter so much! Clearing some of the clutter out would do a lot to make it appear more romantic.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:00 PM

It's us. We have a lot of movie posters up in our room. We're both movie snobs and take films seriously (in a fun way - if that makes sense). It's the only room in the house that can be perfectly described as both him and me. All other rooms are either predominantly me or predominantly him (or predominantly DD, LOL!)

mommy2kaelynn
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Do you like candles in your bedroom? Yes, we use them for lighting, I would prefer lights off, he likes the lights on - that's our compromise!

Have you ever tried satin sheets? Yes, I didn't like them.

What could you do to make your bedroom more romantic? Remove the cat box, have it more cleaned up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)