Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Rev Up Your Romance Challenge Day 8: Give Him a Valentine

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 142 Replies

Welcome to Day 8 of the Rev Up Your Romance Challenge!

How much do you love that man of yours? Write him a special, heartfelt note telling him just how much he means to you and why you want him to be your Valentine.

Do you and your sweetheart celebrate Valentine's Day? How?
Has your honey ever sent you flowers?
Have you ever sent him flowers?

One member who signs up for our Rev Up Your Romance Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Rev Up Your Romance Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjeason528
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:26 AM
I always leave my husband notes in his lunches. He says even though it's not surprising anymore it's still a special part of his day he knows he gets to smile no matter what kind of day it is! I am the one who always buys the long mushy cards, but this time I got him one that says "do I want you to have a nice Valentines day.... Sex, please I mean yes please!" It kept him smiling for hours!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PrdNate
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:33 AM

My husband and I do celebrate Valentine's day between the kids basketball games and homework.  We celebrate without spending a lot of money -- we usually exchange cards/candy.  This year I made him a slide show on the computer re-stating all the reasons why I love him (this was huge for me as I am not too good with technology and I had to sync music to the slide show).  My husband always surprises me with flowers throughout the year - I have never sent him flowers because he works at a secure building and flower deliveries can't be made there.

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I've always bought df a card but this year I wrote a letter and made a "book" of love poems. He's gotten me flowers in the past but I don't like him spending the money on them on a holiday like this. Way overpriced. Lol
happygolucky106
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:16 AM

1.A pecial Dinner by candlelite

2.She gets me flowers every year.

3. I give her flowers too,even thru out the year..

LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:18 AM
We don't celebrate Valentines day besides cards.

He sent me flowers once after we started dating but I screwed up and got mad because he didn't have s card or anything before I left for work. An hour after I got to work flowers were delivered which was way to quick to be last minute. Sigh. That night I was told never again would I get flowers again on Valentines day. I have learned to be more patient and wait until the holiday is over before I bitch. Hard lesson. LOL.
KZuz
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
He just brought me home the Dunkin Donuts heart shaped donuts and coffee....
When we first got together he told me he has never gotten flowers before so I sent him a cake made out of flowers for his Birthday.
CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Do you and your sweetheart celebrate Valentine's Day? Yes we do.

How? We exchange a gift and go out for dinner & a movie or do something else.

Has your honey ever sent you flowers? Yes he has.

Have you ever sent him flowers? No
lizmeek
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I bought him a card and explain why I fell for him in the beginning because sometimes I still wonder how I go so lucky with him. He's been wanting a cd so I got that for him from the kids and his other gift he'll get soon. Which is a new gun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cicianda
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I leave notes in my DH suitcase or backpack when he goes out of town which unfortunately is quite often. We always go out to eat and alternate who picks up the tab for V day. Instead if flowers he loves the fruit bouquets. They are yummy!
Jacqalyn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Yes we do. Usually we get each other cards and a gift. I also cook him a special meal.
He has, but no I have never bought him flowers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)