Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

New mommy

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hello cafe moms!! I'm a new mom and I stay at home with my 4 month old son. Question how long does it take to get use to being a parent? Being a mom is a different world don't get me wrong it's very rewarding but I sit n think about my life before baby.. I miss getting up n going , sleeping ,having a glass of wine( nursing) trips the whole single life.... I want to enroll in school but my son crys with everyone except me my husband and my 13 yr old sissy... I just have to let to of my past and focus on my new world.. I guess I can take it day by day nothing changes over night any suggestion on how to let go and move on

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liz.1986
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM
It gets easier with time but I dont think you truly get "used" to being a parent. There's always something new happening. My boys are 5 and 7 and I admit I am still learning and probably always will be. Lol.
Btw, congratulations and welcome!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Newmom.com12
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Quoting liz.1986:

It gets easier with time but I dont think you truly get "used" to being a parent. There's always something new happening. My boys are 5 and 7 and I admit I am still learning and probably always will be. Lol.
Btw, congratulations and welcome!

Thank you!!! I'm learning everyday with my little one he's always doing something new and crazy lol but I know I haven't seen anything yet!!

AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Welcome to the group! I'm Alanna :)
It will get easier, your baby is only 4 months so you are still adjusting to being a mom. It's crazy how your life changes in one day when you have your baby. I remember feeling just like you lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newmom.com12
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Thnx got the welcome :) one day and boom it's no longer you u r responsible for another human no and ifs or buts about it when they r this young they run ur world lol!!  Starting today I'm going to start the process in letting go. I have a new life now n it can't b changed I have a family and with that comes a whole new world it's great but times I do have my moments when I'm tired 

AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM
That's totally normal! This is all new to you. You're learning along the way. If you have a second down the road it will be so easy because you know what to expect and you've already been through it. It gets easier when your baby gets older too. There are very needy at 4 months!

Quoting Newmom.com12:

Thnx got the welcome :) one day and boom it's no longer you u r responsible for another human no and ifs or buts about it when they r this young they run ur world lol!!  Starting today I'm going to start the process in letting go. I have a new life now n it can't b changed I have a family and with that comes a whole new world it's great but times I do have my moments when I'm tired 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newmom.com12
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Its ealready easier from the first 2 months of birth they were really tough.. that was a really needy time...My husband asked me how long am I going to nurse I said for 1 yr he said that's too long... I said not really because babies drink formula until they are 1 and ppl nurse longer than a yr 

Newmom.com12
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM

BUMP!

beeky
by Alexandra on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Life and family schedules are always changing.  It won't be long before he is in school and you will find more time to devote to your studies.  Before you know it, he will be all grown up and you will have your independence back.

Just bide your time.  That's what I did lol.

Newmom.com12
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Lol I sure will.. But I guess since its still new it's hard but I'm getting with the program life changes gotta go with it

EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I remember feeling like that when DS was tiny. You get use to it...sometimes it takes a while to get adjusted. I think DS was about 8 months when I felt like a real mom. DD is 7 months and I miss sleep too...DD mainly only wants me too. Can you pump? Maybe pump a bottle and see if he will take it from someone else to give you a break
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN