Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

When are u going to stop nursing honey!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a 4 month old son who is nursed and my husband wants to know when will he be off the boob? I told him a yr old.. What do u ladies think? 

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Replies (51-60):
midjet117
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM
When my daughter wants to stop. I tried the whole I'm going to stop at a yr, 2 years. It didn't work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I think I'd tell my husband not to worry; baby will be weaned by college

Amberleigh81
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Becoming a parent changes you anyways. You have a helpless creature totally dependent on you for survival.

Just try and let your husbannd know the benefits to your son, to you, and to your pocketbook!

Google "101 reasons to breastfeed". One thing I did when I was pregnant was to read snipits of info to my husband while we were lying in bed. "Oh honey, did you know that breastfed babies have fewer colds than formula fed babies?" or "Did you know that the mechanical act of breastfeeding can lessen our son's chances of needing braces later in life?"... stuff like this!

Now my husband is a BF advocate!

Also, try and find a La Leche League meeting near you so you can socialize with other nursing mamas. I found some really good friends and seeing them nurse made my husband realize how normal it really is!

Quoting Newmom.com12:

We talked about it and he misses the boobs lol but he said he understands its for our son and pockets Lol I told him he won't b on my boobs forever but he knew I was going to nurse men forget things at times

barneysaid
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I stopped nursing around 14 months or so. I did breast and bottle and I wish I would of did it longer. I was able to loose weight and now I struggle because of my thyroid problem.
ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM

There's some women who nurse a couple of years past one. I always said that wouldn't be me, but I think I'm going to let her wean when she's ready. We'll see. It's got to work for both of us.

VintageWife
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I think it's ridiculous when men carry on about wanting "their boobs" back. It's recommended to go till 2. My first weaned at 13 mo on his own, my second went to 3.5 yrs and my third is 2.5 yrs and is still going. Personally, I can't understand why people are in a hurry to take their babies off human milk and push them onto cow's milk. So odd!!!!!! Can you imagine a cow nursing its young and then saying, "you have to stop now, here's some human milk..."

Amber5151
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM
The AAP and the WHO recommend nursing until age two. That is my goal. My youngest is almost 13 months and he is still a baby, couldn't imagine weaning now! my SO wasn't supportive in the beginning either. Finally I told him why I was nursing, the benefits, showed him the math on the expense oíd fórmula, And ended with ”I love you and respect your opinion, but when you start to lactate and breastfeed, you can decide when to stop, until then, its my choice and since breast is best, that's what he is getting for the first two years”
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I always nursed to a year sometimes a little over

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM

It should be up to you and your baby.

Dvegas
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Quoting Newmom.com12:

We talked about it n he said that 1 is too old.. I said no that's a good age because he starts whole milk I tried giving my son formula bu he rejects it so no matter how my husband feels if my son won't take formula I have to nurse 

1 year is just right it is not to old. You should print out some information for him to read on how breast milk is healthier for babies. If he will not drink formula you have no choice even if you yourself wanted to stop breastfeeding because he needs to eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN