Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

When are u going to stop nursing honey!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a 4 month old son who is nursed and my husband wants to know when will he be off the boob? I told him a yr old.. What do u ladies think? 

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Replies (61-70):
USMCwife0530
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:25 PM
A year sounds good. I bf'd my youngest to 16 months, which was a far better goal than with my first, whom I only bf'd for 1.5 month due to poor latching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newmom.com12
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM

My little one gags wheni try to feed him formula it's so comical but my baby will have my boob for hism1st yr hopefully he won't wanna go longer but if he does baby needs first!

Quoting Dvegas:

Quoting Newmom.com12:

We talked about it n he said that 1 is too old.. I said no that's a good age because he starts whole milk I tried giving my son formula bu he rejects it so no matter how my husband feels if my son won't take formula I have to nurse 

1 year is just right it is not to old. You should print out some information for him to read on how breast milk is healthier for babies. If he will not drink formula you have no choice even if you yourself wanted to stop breastfeeding because he needs to eat.

busybee13
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM
i have always nursed my babies for at leat 1 yr, then i start weaning aftre that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lageise
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I nursed both my children until they were just over a year old.

ohmandy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM

before ds was born i said 6 months... almost immediately i changed that to a year... he nursed till 20 months... dh was all about weaning at a year but by the time we got there he was on team breastfeeding.  WHO recommends 2... i trust them most :)

.Funfetti.
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM

It's your choice. A year is good. 

renae87
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Year old sounds ok,your DH needs to be patient..lol

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Totally up to you!!!

cox3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM
3 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I think it should be up to baby. I know plenty of people who go up to 2 years no problem. And it's been proven that the nutrients in breastmilk are beneficial up to around age 8 (since every body is different, everyone has different needs - it may be sooner for some, later for others, 8 is the average). Do it as long as you want! There are so many benefits!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)