Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Waxing...

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 19 Replies
Anyone had a Brazilian wax before? If so was it really that bad? How long did it take for hair to grow back? How much do you pay for it? I want to do one so bad. I'm a big girl though and I'm not sure if that matters but I really want to do it. I hear hair grows back after like 3 or 4 weeks and it is thinner hair and less noticeable. I know a Brazilian wax leaves a strip usually but I want a Hollywood one where no hair is left. I'm sure I can ask for that once I go but on the website it just has a price for a Brazilian wax. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILuvMyTots
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Nope I'm too chicken to get a wax down there.......... I'm too self concious. I don't want some stranger looking at my hoo ha. Even though she's a girl too... nope. I won't do it hehe

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM

No not for me, I just shave it all off myself all the time and no pain and free and no one seeing my crotch that I dont know lol

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

Denisethedaring
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Yep, had several and have a friend who does them professionally as well.  How painful it is really depends on how thick your hair down there is and in how many different directions it grows--the latter because, the wax can only take off hair growing in the direction that you lay it in.  If your hair grows in several different directions, it takes several different wax strips in the exact same location, which is not only painful, you can sometimes bleed from it.  Do NOT take aspirin or drink alcohol prior to a wax!! Both are blood thinners and you will almost guaranteed bleed during the wax, which your waxer will hate no matter what she says otherwise. :)  My friend's advice--unless you are very lightly haired and/or your hair all grows in one or two at most directions down there, just get an extended wax (a standard bikini wax that takes off also all the hair in the harder-to-see-and-reach locations) and shave the rest. 

It's not nearly as bad as unmedicated childbirth. :)  But it can take up to an hour and it really does hurt. 

ashleigh24
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I could do that!! I just want all the other hair gone. I don't mind shaving the main area. What do I call that when I go? I have no idea about any of this. How often would I have to get that done?
Ok I just re read it. So extended wax! Gotcha on the name at least.

Quoting Denisethedaring:

Yep, had several and have a friend who does them professionally as well.  How painful it is really depends on how thick your hair down there is and in how many different directions it grows--the latter because, the wax can only take off hair growing in the direction that you lay it in.  If your hair grows in several different directions, it takes several different wax strips in the exact same location, which is not only painful, you can sometimes bleed from it.  Do NOT take aspirin or drink alcohol prior to a wax!! Both are blood thinners and you will almost guaranteed bleed during the wax, which your waxer will hate no matter what she says otherwise. :)  My friend's advice--unless you are very lightly haired and/or your hair all grows in one or two at most directions down there, just get an extended wax (a standard bikini wax that takes off also all the hair in the harder-to-see-and-reach locations) and shave the rest. 

It's not nearly as bad as unmedicated childbirth. :)  But it can take up to an hour and it really does hurt. 

ashleigh24
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Lol I get it. I already have to show my gyno so why not one more? I'm really shy but we will see if I actually go through with it. I really want to do it though.

Quoting earthangel1967:

No not for me, I just shave it all off myself all the time and no pain and free and no one seeing my crotch that I dont know lol

ashleigh24
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I've said that for a long time but I'm changing my mind completely. This dang divorce is changing me!!! I am becoming more daring :-)

Quoting ILuvMyTots:

Nope I'm too chicken to get a wax down there.......... I'm too self concious. I don't want some stranger looking at my hoo ha. Even though she's a girl too... nope. I won't do it hehe

Denisethedaring
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I TOTALLY know what you mean, that is my favorite kind of wax--the extended bikini wax is what both the salons I've been to have called it, though I don't know if that's universal everywhere.  Basically they take off the same as a normal bikini wax but then also the hair around the, let's use the medical terminology here, vaginal opening and anus, and if you want, the outer labia as well (though that last part is painful, it's nowhere near as painful as a complete Brazilian, and that can be hard to shave).  All it leaves is the main front triangle, which I think is supereasy to maintain shaving.  You should let ALL hair in the area grow in to about a half-inch length--even hair that extends to your thighs! prior to your wax for best results, and then go back for a rewax every 4-6 weeks (depending on your rate of hair growth).  Also to note: if you decide to go ahead and get a full Brazilian later, it's a lot easier if you've been getting the extended bikini wax first--much faster and less pain! 

Quoting ashleigh24:

I could do that!! I just want all the other hair gone. I don't mind shaving the main area. What do I call that when I go? I have no idea about any of this. How often would I have to get that done?

Quoting Denisethedaring:

ashleigh24
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg!!! Thanks so much for that info!!! Exactly what I needed. I will be booking my extended wax then :-) I can maintain my triangle area just fine. It is all the rest I was really aggravated with. Thanks again soooooo much!! I'm super excited!!!

Quoting Denisethedaring:

I TOTALLY know what you mean, that is my favorite kind of wax--the extended bikini wax is what both the salons I've been to have called it, though I don't know if that's universal everywhere.  Basically they take off the same as a normal bikini wax but then also the hair around the, let's use the medical terminology here, vaginal opening and anus, and if you want, the outer labia as well (though that last part is painful, it's nowhere near as painful as a complete Brazilian, and that can be hard to shave).  All it leaves is the main front triangle, which I think is supereasy to maintain shaving.  You should let ALL hair in the area grow in to about a half-inch length--even hair that extends to your thighs! prior to your wax for best results, and then go back for a rewax every 4-6 weeks (depending on your rate of hair growth).  Also to note: if you decide to go ahead and get a full Brazilian later, it's a lot easier if you've been getting the extended bikini wax first--much faster and less pain! 

Quoting ashleigh24:

Quoting Denisethedaring:

MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I wish I had the answer but I have been wondering the same...I would love one but I am so scared it will hurt too badly! LOL

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Nope!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)