Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What is your husband profession?

Posted by   + Show Post
What is husband profession?
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Replies (201-210):
mommieofII
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:29 PM

No problem... Yeah I am currently studying for my RN and I wouldn't mind working at a prison but the bf says no way he doesn't want me around the inmates. I can understand and he knows better then me since he works there. Rn's make around 15k more a year in a facility like that which is why I would like to do so/

Quoting Dee0886:

Thank you Ill read it now! No worries here. I just want to go into this as informed as possible. He and I have a very close relationship and we have and will continue to talk exetsivly about it. He promised that if I felt like things weren't right that we would go to counseling and do everything we could to fix it. I'm in the middle of getting my CJ degree so he's also brought up that having a wife in the same field and understands what he does would be a big help to him. I doubt I'll work at the same location as him but maybe with juveniles or behind the scenes at the prison or something. Thanks for the info!

Quoting mommieofII:

He has been doing this for 6 years I have been with him for 2.5 years... He doesnt seem to bring his work home with him, but he doesnt seem to get too emotional cause he has seen it all and nothing phases him. He is a bit head strong and when have a spit about something he likes to raise his voice, I just have to remind him that he is not at work and he wont talk to me the way he does the inmates... That is something that really bothers me... I honestly wouldnt recommend anyone working in this profession at all...Here is something I googled when he told me that corrections officer have a higher rate of divorce and that their life expectancy is shorter then average... here is a website http://www.realpolice.net/forums/department-corrections-142/75271-correctional-officers-facts.html

Dont mean to worry you just scary to think about

Quoting Dee0886:

How does he separate himself from the job at home? I can imagine the death row section being really hard to deal with. Those people really have nothing to lose. I'm trying to be supportive but it is scary.

Quoting mommieofII:

This is crazy I am seeing quite a few hubby's as Corrections officers.... Mine as well,,, Very nerve wrecking to say the least.. He works in a max security prison and I hate the days he is on the death row inmates I worry all day....

Quoting Dee0886:

How long has he been doing that? DH wants to do that. He was navy and did a year as a gaurd in gitmo before we were together. Mind if I friend you and ask you a few things about it. I'm crazy nervous about him doing this...but maybe if I get another wives perspective ill feel better.

Quoting beffy1215:

Corrections officer

mommieofII
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Yes it is scary... I just see the worst I guess since I think about how the death row guys have nothing to loose and why would they care if they hurt or even killed a co or another inmate...

Quoting addiesmommy1109:

We dont even have death row anymore. They just closed the super max prison too. My husband works in the seg cell house and now has all the super max guys that transfered in. His job scares me.

Quoting mommieofII:

This is crazy I am seeing quite a few hubby's as Corrections officers.... Mine as well,,, Very nerve wrecking to say the least.. He works in a max security prison and I hate the days he is on the death row inmates I worry all day....

Quoting Dee0886:

How long has he been doing that? DH wants to do that. He was navy and did a year as a gaurd in gitmo before we were together. Mind if I friend you and ask you a few things about it. I'm crazy nervous about him doing this...but maybe if I get another wives perspective ill feel better.

Quoting beffy1215:

Corrections officer

NiCo86
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM

my DH is an upper manager for a local grocery store.

addiesmommy1109
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:42 PM
That's how these guys are. There are many that have chopped up, slaughtered, and brutally killed many people and still don't think twice about it. Both of his parents are lieutenants in the same prison so 99% of the inmates hate him just for who he is. He's been there 4.5 years so far with nothing major thank god!

Quoting mommieofII:

Yes it is scary... I just see the worst I guess since I think about how the death row guys have nothing to loose and why would they care if they hurt or even killed a co or another inmate...

Quoting addiesmommy1109:

We dont even have death row anymore. They just closed the super max prison too. My husband works in the seg cell house and now has all the super max guys that transfered in. His job scares me.

Quoting mommieofII:

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting beffy1215:

Corrections officer

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billiejo79
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:42 PM

My dh refuses to ever work for a union company because after all the union fees and sfuff the hourly pay is less then he makes now. He makes good money though and the company he is working for really cares about family.

Quoting ajrjj05:

hvac. :) Mine too is he union.. Great pay :)

Quoting billiejo79:

Heating and Cooling service tech

whooperz
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM
My husband is a licensed electrician. Is he licensed or still working getting his hours?

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

Electrician. It's been a tough road, but he's finally got an interview with the apprentice hall this coming week. In 5 years, we'll finally be out of this hole!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM

He works for the post office 

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I was originally going to get a certification for social work or something and counsel the inmates, btu DH didn't want them to put our last names together and figure out one of the co's wives works there. He's paranoid like that lol. 

But yeah I hear RN's are paid a good amount and if I were to become a nurse (which I wouldn't bc bodily fluids get to me lol) I wouldn't mind doing it. 

My uncle is a police officer and my aunt is the dispatcher. They live in a small town and he always says it's nice to hear her voice on the radio after a confrontation...I think thats cute lol. So from their perspective I think working in that general field together is a strength on their marriage. That would be nice.

Quoting mommieofII:

No problem... Yeah I am currently studying for my RN and I wouldn't mind working at a prison but the bf says no way he doesn't want me around the inmates. I can understand and he knows better then me since he works there. Rn's make around 15k more a year in a facility like that which is why I would like to do so/

Quoting Dee0886:

Thank you Ill read it now! No worries here. I just want to go into this as informed as possible. He and I have a very close relationship and we have and will continue to talk exetsivly about it. He promised that if I felt like things weren't right that we would go to counseling and do everything we could to fix it. I'm in the middle of getting my CJ degree so he's also brought up that having a wife in the same field and understands what he does would be a big help to him. I doubt I'll work at the same location as him but maybe with juveniles or behind the scenes at the prison or something. Thanks for the info!

Quoting mommieofII:

He has been doing this for 6 years I have been with him for 2.5 years... He doesnt seem to bring his work home with him, but he doesnt seem to get too emotional cause he has seen it all and nothing phases him. He is a bit head strong and when have a spit about something he likes to raise his voice, I just have to remind him that he is not at work and he wont talk to me the way he does the inmates... That is something that really bothers me... I honestly wouldnt recommend anyone working in this profession at all...Here is something I googled when he told me that corrections officer have a higher rate of divorce and that their life expectancy is shorter then average... here is a website http://www.realpolice.net/forums/department-corrections-142/75271-correctional-officers-facts.html

Quoting Dee0886:

How does he separate himself from the job at home? I can imagine the death row section being really hard to deal with. Those people really have nothing to lose. I'm trying to be supportive but it is scary.

Quoting mommieofII:

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting beffy1215:

Corrections officer

C.Fleury
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM
My hubs is a mechanic. He works for a multimillion dollar mining company. He's the lead supervisor in the shop. He's gone 20-30 days at a time and home for 8-9 days
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommieofII
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Yea its noce to know our men atleast care LOL...

Quoting Dee0886:

I was originally going to get a certification for social work or something and counsel the inmates, btu DH didn't want them to put our last names together and figure out one of the co's wives works there. He's paranoid like that lol. 

But yeah I hear RN's are paid a good amount and if I were to become a nurse (which I wouldn't bc bodily fluids get to me lol) I wouldn't mind doing it. 

My uncle is a police officer and my aunt is the dispatcher. They live in a small town and he always says it's nice to hear her voice on the radio after a confrontation...I think thats cute lol. So from their perspective I think working in that general field together is a strength on their marriage. That would be nice.

Quoting mommieofII:

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting mommieofII:

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting mommieofII:

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting beffy1215:

Corrections officer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN