Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Hubby is leaving for the weekend. :(

Posted by   + Show Post
He's going to play in a hockey tourney. He's leaving tomorrow and won't be back till Sunday. The last time we spent a night away from each other was 5 years ago. I miss him already and hes not even gone yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
chrismom0306
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Mine is too! He's visiting family. He's takin the kids with him! I'll be bored to death by Friday night!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:35 PM
That's how I am. I dont sleep well if hes not in bed with me. Im thinking of taking the kids to see family in Denver which is about 2.5 hrs away from here. If we do go we will leave tomorrow after Jenessa gets out of school. Probably come home Sat or Sun am.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

:( I would be sad too. I can't sleep unless my hubs in lying right next to me :) try& stay busy, do you have a friend that would come over and spend the weekend with you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Lol! At least I have the kids. I dont know what I would do if they were all going! I would go insane!

Quoting chrismom0306:

Mine is too! He's visiting family. He's takin the kids with him! I'll be bored to death by Friday night!! Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clubpenguin
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM
My dh went away for the weekend in nov. I was worried about being alone with the kids all weekend. Lol
AleaKat
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Awe!
Yea when hubby was in the navy I was without for 6 months while he was on a submarine. I wasnt even allowed to know where he was.
But I know whether its a night or a month I still gets lonely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM
That should help....get away from the house, get your mind off that he's not there

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Not far. About an hour and a half. The kids will help the weekend go by fast. Plus, Im thinking of taking the kids to see family about 2.5 hrs away.

Quoting EsmeVincent:

How far away is he going? When dh had to travel for work a few years ago he would have to fly from GA to WI and be gone for 24hrs for a meeting(it was based in WI) or he would have to go up for training and be gone a week. The 24hrs was WAY easier than the week. Just think of it this way....atleast its only for the weekend and not a whole week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Exactly! Plus I would get to see my bestie. :)

Quoting EsmeVincent:

That should help....get away from the house, get your mind off that he's not there

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Not far. About an hour and a half. The kids will help the weekend go by fast. Plus, Im thinking of taking the kids to see family about 2.5 hrs away.

Quoting EsmeVincent:

How far away is he going? When dh had to travel for work a few years ago he would have to fly from GA to WI and be gone for 24hrs for a meeting(it was based in WI) or he would have to go up for training and be gone a week. The 24hrs was WAY easier than the week. Just think of it this way....atleast its only for the weekend and not a whole week.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittymama
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM

try to fill your weekend with funny girly things and stuff with the kids! it'll fly by :)

pittawadda
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Yeah mine is in the army, we've done a few deployments for a year each time so a weekend isn't much. But I try to be respectful and understand it is different for each person and not everyone is use to it. 

Quoting AleaKat:

Awe!
Yea when hubby was in the navy I was without for 6 months while he was on a submarine. I wasnt even allowed to know where he was.

SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I dont know how women and wives like you do it. I would go crazy, to say the least. I give you lots of props for handing it so well.

Quoting pittawadda:

Yeah mine is in the army, we've done a few deployments for a year each time so a weekend isn't much. But I try to be respectful and understand it is different for each person and not everyone is use to it. 

Quoting AleaKat:

Awe!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN