Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Hubby is leaving for the weekend. :(

Posted by   + Show Post
He's going to play in a hockey tourney. He's leaving tomorrow and won't be back till Sunday. The last time we spent a night away from each other was 5 years ago. I miss him already and hes not even gone yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
pittawadda
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM

You just do. You'd be surpsied at what you can do. But to be fair, I had been in the Army also, not anymore though. 

Deployment, in my opinion, are a little easier than training on and off. It's easier to deal with a long period of him being gone than being gone for 3 weeks then home for a month then gone for a month. 

I was apart of a moms group once and this ladies husband was going on a business trip and everyone was like, "Oh that's so hard!" Then they looked at me like they couldn't complain in front of me bc mine was on deployment! I was like go ahead it still stinks! This isn't about who has it worse.

So complain on!

Quoting SuperMom2433:

I dont know how women and wives like you do it. I would go crazy, to say the least. I give you lots of props for handing it so well.

Quoting pittawadda:

Yeah mine is in the army, we've done a few deployments for a year each time so a weekend isn't much. But I try to be respectful and understand it is different for each person and not everyone is use to it. 

Quoting AleaKat:

Awe!
Yea when hubby was in the navy I was without for 6 months while he was on a submarine. I wasnt even allowed to know where he was.
But I know whether its a night or a month I still gets lonely.

AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM
That sounds like a good idea! That's what I would do

Quoting SuperMom2433:

That's how I am. I dont sleep well if hes not in bed with me. Im thinking of taking the kids to see family in Denver which is about 2.5 hrs away from here. If we do go we will leave tomorrow after Jenessa gets out of school. Probably come home Sat or Sun am.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

:( I would be sad too. I can't sleep unless my hubs in lying right next to me :) try& stay busy, do you have a friend that would come over and spend the weekend with you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrismom0306
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM
In a way I'm looking forward to some Me time. I have 3 1/2 yr old twins and a 12 yr old son and also have 12 yr old step daughter with Reactive Attachment Disorder. My house is in constant chaos! But I know I'll be going nuts by Friday night lmao

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Lol! At least I have the kids. I dont know what I would do if they were all going! I would go insane!

Quoting chrismom0306:

Mine is too! He's visiting family. He's takin the kids with him! I'll be bored to death by Friday night!! Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

OMG.. a  whole weekend away.. I have no sympathy **pouts and stomps foot***

SOME husbands leave for weeks or month.. How dare you be so selfish..

and I am laughing over here while typing this. :)

I hope it flys by so it will seem short to you :D

Quoting SuperMom2433:

He's going to play in a hockey tourney. He's leaving tomorrow and won't be back till Sunday. The last time we spent a night away from each other was 5 years ago. I miss him already and hes not even gone yet.

shannon2012
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Mine is only home about a week a month.  I hate that he is gone but our time together is more meaningful for sure !!

Good luck

SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I know, I know. Its just going to be hard because Im not used to it, ya know?

Quoting TommyAbby:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I get it. I sleep on the couch when he isn't home :) 

Quoting SuperMom2433:

I know, I know. Its just going to be hard because Im not used to it, ya know?

Quoting TommyAbby:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM

((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Aww, I know what you mean. Last year, I went back home for my best friend's wedding. I had 4 nights without my family and while it was fun hanging out with my friends and not having to worry about how late I stayed up or how loud I was being, I missed them soooooo much! I could only imagine how I'd feel if I were the one home and not the one out having fun!

And I read the comment about missing the sex, you know...you can take care of that while he's away! LOL ;)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Aww I would miss mine too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)