Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Poll

Question: Is your DH a sweetheart?

Options:

Only when he wants something.

He really and truly is :)

Definately not!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

Whats the last romantic thing your DH has said to you that absolutely made your heart melt and made you form the biggest smile :)  that corny, but beautiful something you would hear from a romance film or read in a novel. 

Last night in the shower my hubby heard me crying and holding myself. He knew automatically what was wrong. I have chronic psoriasis on my chest and arms. It comes and goes as it pleases, but when it comes my self-esteem is knocked to the ground. He gave me a towel to come from the shower and he;d me saying "You are still the most beautiful woman in the world. I will always love you no matter what and your skin is just a unique bonus for me." I couldn't help but smile i thought how cute. Well anyways, that's what brought this on lol

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
HyrulianHeroine
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Oh my Gosh that's so cute! I would be the one to research his numbers and make sure he's accurate lol. How considerate!

Quoting ebbierowe:

The anniversary of when we meet is coming up...the other night dh looked over at me and said..."I have known you 991 weeks and 3 days counting leap years"...

cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes he's very loving and sweet.

KRYSTALK1013
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
He bought me a diamond ring for Christmas and "re-proposed" to me. We've been married for a year and a half, but he didn't get to propose the way he wanted to, so he got on one knee in front of my parents and said the sweetest things. My mom recorded it. He gave me a blue diamond ring that matched the necklace he got me when I gave birth. I cried.

progressandjoy
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband is not very romantic or super affectionate and it used to really bother me. However, we he does something sweet, it completely makes my heart melt.

A few weeks ago he’d gone shooting with his best friend. He was there most of the day. When he came home, he plopped down next to me on the couch, looked at me, and said “You’re my real best friend. I missed you. I just want a hug.” He was so serious about it.

I also work an overnight shift on Tuesdays. Last Wednesday, I was looking for my pillow and it was on my husband’s side of the bed. He said, “I had to sleep with your pillow last night, because I can’t sleep without the smell of your hair (I use a coconut and pineapple shampoo).”

I think the sweetest thing is what he’s been doing the last few nights. He’s been working overtime and putting in 55+ hour weeks. As soon as he gets home he eats, takes a shower, and goes to bed. We haven’t really been able to spend a lot of time together, because he’s so tired when he gets home. DH absolutely hates holding hands, but for the past week, he’s been falling asleep holding my hand in bed.

SlightlyPerfect
Ugliness and worthlessness, when combined, will only produce failure.
Yesterday at 10:16 AM
by Slightly Perfect on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Our 10-year is coming up. I want to do something romantic.

Quoting ebbierowe:

The anniversary of when we meet is coming up...the other night dh looked over at me and said..."I have known you 991 weeks and 3 days counting leap years"...

slightlyperfect

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My Dh is the sweetest asshole there is lol. Sometimes I feel like I need to send his dm a plate of cookies for dealing with him. He says a lot of sweet things but the one that I really remember recently was kind of off handed. We were talking and the subject of his surrogate brother came up and I mentioned that he had broken things off with his gf over his Bio brother. Dh said it was idiotic, that there was only one person for someone and he just let her go over something completely stupid.. kind of made my heart melt that he thinks like that. He wouldn't have married me if he thought I wasn't the one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
We are renewing our vows next year..it will be our 15 wedding anniversary and it will be 20 years we have been together

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Our 10-year is coming up. I want to do something romantic.

Quoting ebbierowe:

LadySaphira
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

When my husband picks me up from work he always says stuff like "Hey sexy mama, you need alift somewhere?" LOL  He is a dork but he is my dork.

merryvoice
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM
What a beautiful man! Mine says things like that to me all the time. Just random, beautiful things that come out of nowhere.
Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM

He sings any sweet, romantic song that comes on the radio to me and kisses my hand. And he always tells me he loves me during sex....i love that :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)