Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you end your marriage if your dh lied to you more frequently then not?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM

If he constantly lied to me then yes I would.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monsita
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Quoting feliciasmith:

Do you think he'll change? If he doesnt will you stay?

Quoting Monsita:

I used to be one of those wives that believes, that my husband did not lie to me....

I have found out that he does....so, I am learning how to live with a good Lier.....

IT IS A REAL CHALLENGE....but as our marriage counselor says "It is a behavior that can be undone AS LONG AS THE GOOD LIER is ready to learn a new behavior..........."

People in general with the help of professionals and the ones that love them CAN CHANGE IF THEY WANT TO.....

Once my waiting time is done, to see if he really wanted the change.....WITHOUT ANY REGRETS, knowing I did my very best to help him.......and he did not welcomed my help........ I will be able to move on with my life.

achapman
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM

my dh use to lie before we got married about stupid stuff ugh needless to say were in therapy and he's getting better,

Monsita
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Quoting achapman:

my dh use to lie before we got married about stupid stuff ugh needless to say were in therapy and he's getting better,

Thanks for giving us HOPE!

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I am a very honest person so there fore deserve that same in return, I couldnt stay in a relationship with someone I coudlnt trust.

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

TJandKarasMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:57 PM
DH tells me little lies like "I want pasta for dinner" when he knows it's what I want but he really doesn't. Or "I want to spend time with the kids, go take a nap" so I can have an excuse to take a nap, lol. I know they are lies and sometimes I get annoyed because he caters to me too much, but I appreciate it and love that he puts me first so often. He has also lied about how much money he spent for my bday. Sometimes he exaggerates about money, he only spent $100 at the grocery store, then I see the debit on our bank account at $127 or something. I can handle those things. If he started lying about where he was or who he was with or who was calling him, etc, I would have to leave. I trust him so beyond anything that if he ever broke that trust I couldn't forgive him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sheilaweila07
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Trust is soo important in a marriage. You will never be truly happy and at peace if this issue is not resolved one way or the other. 

shinybright
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  I've invested too much in my marriage to give up on it now.  For someone else it might make sense to divorce, just not me. 

veganistic
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Probably.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)