Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What kind of plans do you have for your valentine? I am doing a photo shoot a boudoir shoot for mine and giving him a little black book. HEE HEE

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Replies (91-100):
mommyinthe303
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM
The best advice my husband and i received from a couple that has been married for over 30 years is always try to keep a spark and they do. We love that couple. She's told me so many stories and what they have done for each other. I never want to lose that feeling. My love still gives me butterflies when he calls me or texts me. I will go to dollar store or if i have extra money i will make everyday even holidays special for him. That's my woods. I wish everyone love and happiness. Maybe is just me but i love all the advice and suggestions and what your all do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momromtheheart
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Feb 14 is everyday in owns life for 25 years !
Rebecca7708
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't do Valentines day for each other. Our anniversary is two days after, so we save it for then.
Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

we are giving each other new weapons, and looking forward to the sales on candy the next day.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Now THAT is a Valentines Day tradition I could get behind! :-)

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

we are giving each other new weapons, and looking forward to the sales on candy the next day.

Bigmetalchicken
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It is our tradition. Nothing says I love you like giving them something that could kill you, and trusting that they won't. lol

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Now THAT is a Valentines Day tradition I could get behind! :-)

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Wow..really?? They don't celebrate an over the top "holiday" so he's cheating O.o  

I know MANY people who don't celebrate that "holiday" They chose to make every day a love fest, not ONE day out of an entire year. That's great that you and your hubby celebrate, but again, not everyone does nor do they HAVE to. 

Careful there sweetie, your narrow-mindedness is showing...and it reeks of bitter bitch. 

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Lol he's cheated on you. Wow hard to swallow or wait bet your hubbys other woman does for him. I'm 34. My husband is 45. He spoils me rotten everyday. Never liked dolls but know that I don't need to not like Valentines day. My husband said we will pray you're hubby stops cheating.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

LMAO!!! You're cute. How old are you 19? Go play with your dolls now.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

You suck. Its a beautiful day of the extra love. I'm so sorry your husband don't love you and can't pick some flowers or spend .50 on you at dollar store. My hunny and I have been together a long time also but I make it a point to make him feel special everyday meaning even Valentines day. Do you need me to send you a dollar maybe. You can get your hubby two things at dollar store for that day. The spark never ends for us. If it did he and or I would look some place else for the extra love. Has your hubby cheated on you. Seems like it to me. I'm so sorry for you. You will respond because its true he has.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

LOL, my relationship doesn't suck. I've just been married for 11 years, and we both find Valentines Day ridiculous. Why pay $80-$100 for a dozen roses that you can get for $25 any other week of the year? That's foolish. You find a way to tell each other you love each other and that they are special every single day, you don't put a date stamp on romance for February 14th. Grow up.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

I'm so sorry your relationship sucks. That's all I can say.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I am aware of the history of Saint Valentine, thank you though. The holiday is perpetuated by the retail industry. It's ridiculous.

Quoting DieselsMom:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Valentine

it wasn't created by the retail industry!!!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Feb 14th is no more than another day on the calendar, really. I refuse to pay inflated prices for items sold on a day created by the retail industry to make us spend money after Christmas and break stores out of their January slump.

kaisermama
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I feel it is a holiday made by companies. but at least it gives our so a reason to kick it in the but and think about something to do for us other than doing the same old thing. my man isn't a romantic at all and i want that. but i will take what i can get.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Isn't that all the holidays? Mothers day, St. Patrick Day,Christmas. I get like 50 xmas cards every year! LOL No one ever sends me a Valentine's card! Besides my hubby&kids. LOL

Quoting kaisermama:

I feel it is a holiday made by companies. but at least it gives our so a reason to kick it in the but and think about something to do for us other than doing the same old thing. my man isn't a romantic at all and i want that. but i will take what i can get.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My parents wedding anniversary is Feb. 12th! My dad passed away but I'll get my mom something nice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN