Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Help! I'm pregnant and they won't shut up!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
No no no I have not fallen, and I am perfectly capable of getting up. The problem is...he does not want me to. My husband that is. God bless his soul he has the patience of a saint, but I cannot walk around the block without him worrying I'll faint. Some bicker and some fight, and we surely stay up you doing the same all night, but so help me God if he calls me pregnant crazy ONE more time...

We have two little girls that are just amazing! But recently this stage of my pregnancy has alotted
me very little patience. My angels mean more to me than anything, but this pregnancy has created a monster! A pregnant-mommy monster! My temper is short, I do nothing but snip, 9 times out of 10 my responses are snappy, and all the while my husband and our girls smile everyday. But that means I'm pregnant not crazy! I wanna see you try having morning sickness just in time to make dinner.

Our finances are tough as for most Americans nowadays, and bills and spending have become popular topics in our arguments. Yesterday we argued all day. Admittedly by fault of my own, but my pregnancy pride is stronger this time. And on top of all my snippy snappy remarks, mean gestures and slamming cabinets, he still managed to say I love you at the end of the day.

So now I ask the CafeMom love and marriage group, how on earth I tame this pregnant-mommy monster and save my terrified family ??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
furbabymum
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Smile sweetly and tell him if he doesn't stop hovering you'll shove your foot up his arse. That's my opinion on the matter. Being 6 months preggo I can relate to your emotions. I try to stop and think rationally when I can. Sometimes if I get too mad I just have to walk away.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Aww! How sweet that they smile and remind you they love you. I certainly wouldn't have the patience to be snapped at day in and day out. I'm not saying you're wrong, like you said, you're pregnant! :) The only thing I can really think to do is to tell DH that his negative comments (pregnant crazy, etc) don't help. If he doesn't like your attitude, he needs to remember that it's even harder on you. Not only is your body going through all these uncomfortable changes, but on top of that, you can't seem to find your happy place. Ask him if he knows what it's like to be in a grumpy mood, know about it, but not be able to do anything to change it. I'm betting he doesn't. And it's extremely frustrating. I would probably just let him know things he and the family can do to help keep things running as smoothly as possible - hopefully preventing extra negativity - this could mean certain things to say (or not to say), doing certain things around the house (or not doing them), etc. And once baby is born, you'll slowly start turning back into the positive woman you were before.

Good luck

PartyGalAnne
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Orgasms.

Megan11587
by Megan on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:12 AM
Ah idk! Have you tried talking to dh about his hovering? With your kids, I'd explain to them that mommy's temper may be short, and you don't mean it and you're sorry, you will try to contain it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Try & do some extra special things for your family. Give more hugs, kisses, I love You's :) I'm sure you do that often but step it up just a little more. Explain to your family what's going on with you & tell them you're sorry & you will really work on not being so snappy with everyone. Hang in there momma. Breath. Oh maybe you should try pregnant yoga! I heard it really is amazing..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN