Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
What 1 thing would u bring back from the old days? I WOULD BRING BACK TWIN BEDS FOR HUSBANDS AND WIVES!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
eoewan
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Hand written letters in cursive. Nobody writes anymore. It's all texting with shortened words and acronyms. This makes me sad because letter writing and cursive writing is so beautiful. I think about written history and the letters that were preserved. In this day and age there is none of it.

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM

We still do this. LOL

Quoting Anryan:

being able to play outside after dark as kids while parents sat outside and drank beer and talked...ya i'm old lol

by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM

We still do this in the summer in my neighborhood! I love it!!

Quoting Anryan:

being able to play outside after dark as kids while parents sat outside and drank beer and talked...ya i'm old lol

PROGENITOR
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd like to bring back a world with no photoshop. A world where that "eh" looking chick on your facebook friend's list cannot post ridiculously edited photos of herslef that look nothing like her IRL, and then sit back and get flooded with compliments about how gorgeous she is even though you know very well she doesn't look like that when you are standing next to her.

I'd also like to bring back cheap gas, less social networking and more back yard hangouts and BBQs...and no graphic video games.

PROGENITOR
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting eoewan:

Hand written letters in cursive. Nobody writes anymore. It's all texting with shortened words and acronyms. This makes me sad because letter writing and cursive writing is so beautiful. I think about written history and the letters that were preserved. In this day and age there is none of it.

My BFF from highschool and I used to regularly write letters to each other until about 2004. And way back in junior high, my friends and I would sent letters to each other over the summer breaks. I do miss a good handwritten letter. I still do thankyou cards though.

CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to agree!!!! 

Quoting raegan1221:

I would rather just knock out so much of the dependency on so much technology haha. I sound sooo old but my cell phone just flat out confuses me!!!

raegan1221
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I agree! When my boyfriend was deployed, we talked 24-7 by text, instant messaging or phone. But I always mailed him hand written letters at least a couple of times a week.

Quoting eoewan:

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

How romantic!!!  

Quoting raegan1221:

I agree! When my boyfriend was deployed, we talked 24-7 by text, instant messaging or phone. But I always mailed him hand written letters at least a couple of times a week.

Quoting eoewan:

Lorena
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM
When parents didn't have to worry so much about their kids. When I was young and said I was going for a bike ride my friends and I would ride all over town. If I said I was going to so so house but so so and I decided to go to someone elses house it was no big deal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Quoting ericaaf:

i HATE texting....what happened to the good old days when you picked up a phone to talk to someone...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)