Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

how far would you go to make a better life for you and your kids??

Posted by   + Show Post
ok so the past few years have just gone completely down hill for us, i got divorced after being abused mentally and physically for 2 years and since doing that he went home to mexico and left me alone with our 3 children. things were ok at first, me and my kids lived with my sister, i was working for the first time since i was 15, ( my ex let me be a SAHM) and i met someone great. i was eventually able to get an apartment for me and kids, i got remarried to the greatest man ever and then things went down hill fast, first my husbands visa expired, hes native of dominican republic, and we took to long to to renew it and he had to go back, then i got laid off from my job and had to move in with my parents in a different town. my dh wont be able to return for probably 6 months, our savings are gone and there are no jobs here. im depressed, me and my kids miss my dh dearly, and with income taxes coming, ty Lord for those, i was planning on using them to get our own place but then if i still cant find a job, im screwed. my dh and i were thinking maybe i could use my taxes and me and my kids go to the dom. republic and stay there. there we have a house, i will have a job ( yea, i cant get a job in my country but another country i get one on the spot). we will all be together, and finally be stable again. i know we cant be any worse off than we are now, here i have no job, no house, there ill have great job, and our own house. no brainer right? me and my kids are fluent in spanish, and ive been there before, its nice there. so i know my kids will be fine, but even better, we can take care of them the way they deserve. i would do anything for my kids to be taken care of. and if that means living in the caribbean for a while, then so be it, right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Replies (11-20):
Fields456
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM
As long as your kids are for it do it. It would be fun for them to get to experience life in another country and when he gets his visa renewed y'all can all move home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Hell yea id go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM

So, if life would be better there, you would all be together and the kids are okay with it, why arent you on a plane yet?

MomRocs1102
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Check and be sure that you are fine with their rules and laws.  I would do anything to make a happy life for me and my little ones.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I would do whatever it took.

ashleigh24
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Then I say go for it!! Sounds like it would better for you and your family :-) It doesn't have to be forever unless you want it to be once you get over there.

Quoting momofthree431:

my kids are ages 5,7 and 8, and they absolutely LOVE the idea, they understand they wont be able to see my mom or sister or my niece for a while, except on webcam, they understand they will be at a new school, and they are ok with it all, they are very excited, i made sure to speak with each of them privately about this, i know they have a say and they need to feel comfortable with this MAJOR desicion, and they are
foran
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I do know how you feel i left fla. to move here in maine 7years ago yes,i did have a great job in panama city fla. but me and my children miss theit dad and i miss my husband and i did get a job in maine thats cool but i really wanted to be a stay at home mom so when i got pregant our youngest i quite my job ge makes enough for us i dohelp on our farm and such hell girl go for it i think any ways step out on faith

EsmeVincent
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I say if it will mean a better life for you and the kids then I say move there...be with your dh....be a family again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenaSmith
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I use to live in mexico. My first husband was mexican. His parents fell sick so we moved down there. We was going to do it anyways but sooner. We had our own house and had a store. We had two kids. Well i got sick and came back to the usa cause i was pregnant with our daughter and the nearest hospital was hours away and the free health system sucked for me really down there. BUT i didnt know spanish i was learning but not good enough. Now the private drs i paid for were great and i wanted them but we couldnt afford all the appointments with all the bills we had plus going to the next town each week for them. Were not together anymore but i loved it down there when i was there. I say that if yaw will be happy there and yaw know the language it will be easier for yaw. I think its a great idea. Only thing i missed was my faimly and friends but you can get phone cards and internet to keep in touch. Wish you the best and just know all your rights and there laws befor moving. We got all our paper work and passports in order months in advance. Its allot moving down somewere and make sure you always keep your visas. Are the kids his? if so they have dual citizenship as long he is on the birth cert. If i could do what your doing i would lol

ddaydreamer
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM

i say go for it, life is about change, we must take the first step to see the whole staircase.. if we stay where we are we will never know what might be..i have picked up an moved me an my kids after my husband died and granted it wasn't to another country.. but it was a place i an my children had known as home for 10 years.. i did it an we are so much better off now.. it did take a year or so to get it all together but i am so glad an so are my children who are older now an can say im glad we moved..we have so much that we may not have had if we stayed where we were..hope this helps..prayers an blessings for you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)