Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Nurses! Doctors ! Anyone that has had this HELP

Posted by   + Show Post
So today I founf out I have HPV. DF and I have been together for 4 years. The past year and a half my paps have been coming back abnormal. Nurses always said it was mild nothing to worry about. When they called today she told me it was HPV. I am devestated !
So it has now come to this. How do I tell DF ? Does it go away in men like it does in women ? Just to clarify I have never cheated on DF, but I did have a very active sex life before we met.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Replies (11-14):
PROGENITOR
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:37 PM

You sit him down and say "hey, my last pap came back abnormal. Tests say I have HPV." You may need to educate him about HPV. Have you given him any real reasons to not trust your faithfullness? If not I don't see why you should worry about him accusing you of cheating.

TJandKarasMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Most people that are sexually active have HPV, or so I understand. I don't have it, but I know so many people who do, my mil is one of them...that came out in an awkward conversation lol. I don't think it does anything like gives you warts from what I understand, but it can cause some forms of cervical cancer. My mom has had to have cells removed, I haven't flat out asked her if she has HPV but from what I have gathered, she does. Which doesn't make a lot of sense seeing as her and my dad swear they have only ever been with each other...they obviously can't both be telling the truth if they have HPV.

Anyway, you have to just come out and tell him, you've probably had it for a while and it just didn't show up. Some STDs can take up to 5 years to show up on a test. You could have even gotten it from him, you never know really. But you should both be aware of it and what it can mean for you.
NiNio9
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM
I told hom and he took it the opposite of what I expected. Thank you ladies!
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Have ur gyno explain HPV. And not all strands carry the warts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN