Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husbands ring! grrrr *pic*

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 12 Replies

Omg f'en pissed right now! Ok we just got married in dec right? Well last week we had to replace dh ring because a chunk fell out. Well just now dh said he would do the dishes after dinner...awww...anyway, he takes his ring off and it falls apart! The NEW ring we JUST got on monday!!! This is his ring...it WAS one peice. Are you serious? So mad right now. We picked tungsten because its *supposed* to be such a tough medal..haha we wont be getting tungsten again two different rings in less then two months. Ridic! Grrrrr. Thank God we got the lifetime care plan.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katalystic
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:04 PM

We had major issues with tungsten with my husband's wedding band. 

DKk0531
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I just cant believe it. I mean damn my rings are almost 100 yrs old (family) and gold and white gold and they are fine. Im just so angry two rings in two months. Its bs!

Quoting Katalystic:

We had major issues with tungsten with my husband's wedding band. 

Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM
It might just be the way its made... Maybe rather than one piece of metal it's a couples pieces out together which would make it weaker. We got my husband a stainless steel band I believe with a cubic zirconia from Walmart... It's lasted through a year long deployment plus almost 3 more years after that lol. Best $65 I ever spent lol.
DKk0531
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Ya thats how it is. Its kinda like a zebra i guess. Black, silver, black, silver. Im trying to talk him into getting white gold. But he still wants tungsten. These were from jc penny, $96 and then another $25 for the care plan.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

It might just be the way its made... Maybe rather than one piece of metal it's a couples pieces out together which would make it weaker. We got my husband a stainless steel band I believe with a cubic zirconia from Walmart... It's lasted through a year long deployment plus almost 3 more years after that lol. Best $65 I ever spent lol.

Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Do you think they would take it back since it broke for pretty much no reason? I would definitely try, because that is some BS for sure! Maybe see if he would choose a solid band instead f the multiple pieces.

Quoting DKk0531:

Ya thats how it is. Its kinda like a zebra i guess. Black, silver, black, silver. Im trying to talk him into getting white gold. But he still wants tungsten. These were from jc penny, $96 and then another $25 for the care plan.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM

OMGosh!!  That's good information to have right there though.

DKk0531
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Ya he said no matter what he chooses he wants just a solid band. They have to. Its in the lifetime care plan we also bought. They either have to refund, fix it or choose another of the same price. We already had to do this once last week. And just exchanged it for the same ring, that was on monday. Then this one falls apart worse then the other

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Do you think they would take it back since it broke for pretty much no reason? I would definitely try, because that is some BS for sure! Maybe see if he would choose a solid band instead f the multiple pieces.

Quoting DKk0531:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Due9
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Return it of you can!!
I always stick to gold
Lucky2BaMomof2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I got mine a titanium ring from hot topic for $10 almost 8 years ago... He's a mechanic for the army... It doesn't even have a dent.. Lol
DKk0531
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM
We plan to when hes off on monday. I trust gold. Like i said, all three of my rings are almost 100 yrs old and belonged to my great grandma. All made by my great grandpa. One is platimum (sp), and white gold with diamonds, the second is a white gold band and the third is yellow gold with diamonds. And they are all still fine.

Quoting Due9:

Return it of you can!!

I always stick to gold

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)