Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are my expectations too high for my age group??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Should I consider dating older men?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

Dating at 22 with a daughter isn't the easiest already. That's not the biggest issue though. It seems guys my age no longer asks girls on dates!! Am I wrong for wanting to go out? I dont get why if I like a guy, that becomes an issue. I even tell them from the start and they seem ok with it, but they never go about it. My friend is dating someone who is 45 and tells me I should join the club because he treats her like royalty.. If I want moer respect and appreciation do I have to date older? Or maybe the guy just has yet to come? I just dont understand what's so hard about going out these days. All guys around my age just want to do is "chill" -_-

LOL opinions please! 

Like should I try a different age because, I dont want to keep dating and dating if all these guys my age rather club or just come "chill" then actually go out and enjoy life.... i dont want to sound picky but I am a stay at home mom and I go to school. I do enough chilling and I dont have friends to hang with. . 

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PartyGalAnne
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't know that I'd date someone twice your age, but possibly in his 30's who also has children.

CDMelty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

My dh is almost 45 and he's a homebody, too. It's the guys, not the age.

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Go for the single dads.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JCKitten87
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Don't rule out guys older or your age. Keep an open mind. But guys do tend to mature slower than us, especially in their early 20s, even more so if they dont have any real responsibly
my4loves4
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

i dont think age has much to do with it, its just a matter of finding a man who was raised right. I went through the same thing last year at 22 with a son, and i thought exactly what you thought. i talked to men of all ages, and types, they were all the same. Until i met my now SO who i have a beautiful daughter with. he is 6 months younger than me, but he was such a gentleman from the moment we met. We texted and talked for about a month, then he took me on a real date, nothing fancy but just what i needed. He lived over a hour away and i had drove there because he had to work in the morning, but we had a few drinks so i wasnt able to drive home, So i had to stay, we slept in the same bed and he didnt try anything. he waited for me to say i was ready (about the 3rd date) So it has nothing to do with age, its just finding a man who knows how to treat a woman! (it is slim pickings now days for that though)

my4loves4
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM

and them having children helps too, my SO has a daughter just a year younger than my son so he understood so much more than what guys with no kids did.

Sheilaweila07
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I am 24 and have a guy 12 yrs older than me. It has its pros and cons. He will be 52 when our son is 18. Right now he doesn't play with him as much as he should and this is just the beginning.  When us moms have a kid we grow up and mature whether we want to or not. For guys its different. Ur mature level is that of an older guys mature level. Keep your options open and always always always be honest with what you want at the beginning of the relationship. good luck.

foran
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM
I know when my dh was in his 20's he party all the time and now he is in his 30's he doesnt do that anymore they do grow up slow
ohprettymommy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Quoting my4loves4:

i dont think age has much to do with it, its just a matter of finding a man who was raised right. I went through the same thing last year at 22 with a son, and i thought exactly what you thought. i talked to men of all ages, and types, they were all the same. Until i met my now SO who i have a beautiful daughter with. he is 6 months younger than me, but he was such a gentleman from the moment we met. We texted and talked for about a month, then he took me on a real date, nothing fancy but just what i needed. He lived over a hour away and i had drove there because he had to work in the morning, but we had a few drinks so i wasnt able to drive home, So i had to stay, we slept in the same bed and he didnt try anything. he waited for me to say i was ready (about the 3rd date) So it has nothing to do with age, its just finding a man who knows how to treat a woman! (it is slim pickings now days for that though)

That was a lovely story!!! Thnk you!! Gives me a positive outlook, guess I just need to be patient, I have time 

audreesmama
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I think age is a big factor in maturity. Dh is 38, I'm 25. I do not date guys my age because I don't play their games. I have a damn good job and wanted a man who had the same, to show stability. Most guys my age are fresh out of college and complete idiots still. Not my cup of tea!

We have a significant age gap, but are perfect for one another. He is my very best friend. I couldn't have asked for a better mate and given everything he's told me, if it were even legal for us to have dated 20 years ago (he was 18, I was 5 lol) I wouldn't have liked him.

Older guys know what they want and will work to get it ;).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)