Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are my expectations too high for my age group??

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should I consider dating older men?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

Dating at 22 with a daughter isn't the easiest already. That's not the biggest issue though. It seems guys my age no longer asks girls on dates!! Am I wrong for wanting to go out? I dont get why if I like a guy, that becomes an issue. I even tell them from the start and they seem ok with it, but they never go about it. My friend is dating someone who is 45 and tells me I should join the club because he treats her like royalty.. If I want moer respect and appreciation do I have to date older? Or maybe the guy just has yet to come? I just dont understand what's so hard about going out these days. All guys around my age just want to do is "chill" -_-

LOL opinions please! 

Like should I try a different age because, I dont want to keep dating and dating if all these guys my age rather club or just come "chill" then actually go out and enjoy life.... i dont want to sound picky but I am a stay at home mom and I go to school. I do enough chilling and I dont have friends to hang with. . 

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Replies (21-26):
Jeanna03
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:52 AM

ive always been told older men treat women with respect and spoil them never have dated an older man. i think at least give it a chance u can always say no. listen to ur instincts.

Debby29681
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
You are so young. If you focus on your daughter and school you will absolutely meet the right person. It will just happen. Whatever age he may be. All ages can be great and all can disappoint. The universe literally dropped a man into my life, and we both knew it instantly. My kids love him, he loves my kids. And I was not looking. Enjoy your freedom! I would love to be 22 and single. You can pick and choose and take your time. There must be tons of activities going on through your school to keep you busy.? FYI my guy is 12 yrs older
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I never really liked the guys my age when I was in my early 20's. I married DH when I was 20, he was 31. Guys my age were still in the "growing up" stage and I was ready to be married and start a family. To settle down. Not go out to the clubs and all that crap.

I say, go for it. There is no harm in just talking to older guys to see if you have anything in common with them. Then who knows?

Dontchawishuknu
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Just know that even in the older age bracket, there are still overgrown boys out there.....my stbxh is a prime example.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally know what you mean! men just take longer to mature.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Well when I was 22 I just received my BA and looking for a job in case management.  I didn't start looking for love until age 25.  I had difficulties finding love even at that age because I didn't like the guys where I used to live, too immature and not my type.  I ended up making a lot of guy friends online, even dated a few.  Then 3 years later my now husband found me online and the rest is history.  He is only a year and half younger then me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN