Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My husband just finished a job working at a hotel (yay!). He sets up audio/visual stuff for conferences and such.  One set of offices were being renovated so they moved people into guest rooms for a temporary fix.  There is an older woman that has a crush on my husband.  A few weeks ago, my husband's crew had some downtime and she asked him if he wanted to come back to her room/office to watch TV.  DH politely declined.  Well, today, she called him into her office/room (after finding out he today was his last day), gave him a huge hug, and then gave him her HOME cell number!  My husband threw it away before he left work, but I laughed and said that he should have brought it home so I could text her and see if she wanted to get together and become GREAT friends! LOL!  We had a great laugh over the situation!

A couple friend that we told the story to, said that he would have never told his wife about any of it.  The wife agreed that she would not want to know because she would have gotten angry and it would have caused a huge fight.

What would you have done in the situation?  Gotten angry at your husband or laughed it off?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Good for you for being a confident and good humored woman!

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Well he didn't do anything to her and was trying not to so I would just laugh it off.

Michelle
Mom to 4 boys and 3 girls with #8 on the way
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and EDD 7-29-13

Jeanna03
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM

well could really be mad if he threw it away its not like he was going to keep it which is good. things will happen as long as u make the right choice in this case i would laugh it off.

ttc1rainbow
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM

omg that's too funny!! We would have had a good laugh! :p How could you not... 

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I make fun of my husband for having a crush on a woman he works with. It's a running joke between us.
I find crushes in adulthood to be hilarious.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.myboys
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I would of been proud of my husband! If he had thrown it away and done everything to stop her advances why would I be mad? I know there are other ladies who find my husband attractive but he's mine all mine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM

If dh threw away the number, and he told me right away, I would totally laugh it off. In that situation, since her dh didn't act inappropriately, I can understand how she could just laugh it off. I always tell my dh, you're hot, I know it, why would I be offended if anyone else noticed lol. 

TJandKarasMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I would laugh it off I think. But if the situation were reversed, I'd be afraid to tell DH because I wouldn't want him to think anything bad. He's a great guy, but he questions things sometimes.

I told him I ran into a guy I went to HS with that was good friends with my ex-husband, I saw him when I was picking SD up from a theater rehearsal, he was also picking up his SD. We did a quick catch up, he has a 4 yo, my DS whom he knew very well is 10.5 now, we live in neighboring towns, our SDs are the same age (9), my ex doesn't call I'm back, my ex has 3 more kids now... I told DH right away bc I didn't want it to come up later and him to think I was hiding something, he immediately made the connection about a story I had told him when my exs 2 friends had given me a ride home and they stopped to pick some corn...stealing corn actually..it was a funny story and I shared it with DH a long time ago, I don't even remember when. This guy was one of those friends, they were two good guys, friends of my exs, but I never had anything going on with either of them, was never attracted to either of them, they were just good kids (aside from stealing corn lol). But DH seemed to get jealous and annoyed that I ran into this guy. It bothers me when things like that bother him, he should trust me enough that I can say hello to a guy I grew up with you know? I don't know, I don't know how to reassure him and make him know that just because I talk to an old friend it doesn't mean I'm going to go hook up with the guy or something.

Sorry to hijack your post, it just got me thinking and I talk to much ;). I'm glad you could laugh it off, would your DH do the same?
LClark1973
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I would laugh it off if it was like your situation. My husband has crossed the line with many other females many times, and I don't really get mad about it anymore. I just ask him if he's sure he really wants to face the consequences of his actions.

It could be that the other couple have had issues like mine, and it would cause a fight between the two of them. If there are issues with trust and honesty in the relationship then most things can cause fights and problems.

connie45
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM
What's there to fight about? Sounds like a very immature couple of people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)