Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband just finished a job working at a hotel (yay!). He sets up audio/visual stuff for conferences and such.  One set of offices were being renovated so they moved people into guest rooms for a temporary fix.  There is an older woman that has a crush on my husband.  A few weeks ago, my husband's crew had some downtime and she asked him if he wanted to come back to her room/office to watch TV.  DH politely declined.  Well, today, she called him into her office/room (after finding out he today was his last day), gave him a huge hug, and then gave him her HOME cell number!  My husband threw it away before he left work, but I laughed and said that he should have brought it home so I could text her and see if she wanted to get together and become GREAT friends! LOL!  We had a great laugh over the situation!

A couple friend that we told the story to, said that he would have never told his wife about any of it.  The wife agreed that she would not want to know because she would have gotten angry and it would have caused a huge fight.

What would you have done in the situation?  Gotten angry at your husband or laughed it off?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Replies (41-50):
maria1613
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM
I would have laughed. He (so) gets so awkward when other women come on to him so it would have been a laughing moment
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brannew
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I would be upset if he didn't tell me. 

AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I'm not a jealous person by nature, and I probably would've laughed it off.

That being said, a couple weeks ago SO and I decided to go to the bar, and we were both pretty drunk, and he was playing pool against this chick, and she kept touching him, rubbing up on him, etc. He was completely oblivious (and I could tell he wasn't just let it happen, he was just drunk enough that he didn't even realize it was happening). I finally went over and introduced myself as his girlfriend and said since she was trying to be such good friends we should definitely get to know each other. She proceeded to push me away and inform me that "she found him first" (LMFAO!) and try to lick his tonsils. She then ran into my fist and fell on the floor. Poor girl. I felt sorry for her.

Maybe I was a little too drunk to be making clear decisions, though... lmao. On any other night I'd have let her do it and made fun of him for being so completely oblivious later.

CrystalPystol
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I think you handled it perfectly. The only reason it would have bothered me is if he had followed through with her request, but he didn't.. he declined and threw away her number.

247beachbumz
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Well....ur husband rocks for doin what he did n tellin u bout it....u both handled that very well 

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Awesome description!  LOL!

Quoting AimSnapHolz:

I'm not a jealous person by nature, and I probably would've laughed it off.

That being said, a couple weeks ago SO and I decided to go to the bar, and we were both pretty drunk, and he was playing pool against this chick, and she kept touching him, rubbing up on him, etc. He was completely oblivious (and I could tell he wasn't just let it happen, he was just drunk enough that he didn't even realize it was happening). I finally went over and introduced myself as his girlfriend and said since she was trying to be such good friends we should definitely get to know each other. She proceeded to push me away and inform me that "she found him first" (LMFAO!) and try to lick his tonsils. She then ran into my fist and fell on the floor. Poor girl. I felt sorry for her.

Maybe I was a little too drunk to be making clear decisions, though... lmao. On any other night I'd have let her do it and made fun of him for being so completely oblivious later.

theresaphilly
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Quoting mama2ameira:

I would have gotten upset at first , but then laughed it off

LoraKuhn
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM

We had a similar situtation and, he actually cheated on me with the hag. So, I would not be happy at all.

WesternNYmom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I would have laughed it off. Especially if my husband did what your's did and tossed the woman's number in the waste basket.  I trust my husband completely.

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Yep, that would give me pause.

Quoting LoraKuhn:

We had a similar situtation and, he actually cheated on me with the hag. So, I would not be happy at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)