Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long should you be ina relationship before you marry ???

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM
  • 105 Replies

So I have been in a relationship for 5 years and I always felt we should at least be engaged or something idk so what so y'all think? How long where you together before you got married/engaged?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM
As long as you need until you're ready.
My husband and I were together for four years before we got married. If I didn't have any medical problems and didn't need his insurance for surgery, we would have waited longer than that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol... 11 months!

9 months before getting engaged!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlohaTink
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM
We knew each other for 2 years but were a couple for 8 months when we got married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples303
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I was with my husband for 4 years before we got married... We also lived together for 3 1/2 of those years and had a child together, so it felt like we were already married. Lol 

samurai_chica
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

long enough to get to know all their faults so you can decide whether or not you don't mind living with them forever.

samie3711
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM

That's how i feel we have been living with each other for all 5 years and on our third year we had our son i feel we are married but ...........

Quoting Dimples303:

I was with my husband for 4 years before we got married... We also lived together for 3 1/2 of those years and had a child together, so it felt like we were already married. Lol 

Armywifeholcomb
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM
3 years. But I knew within the first year I wanted ever after. Of course the first year he was deployed, but that helped us to really communicate and learn about each other. (Started dating Just as he was about to leave)

Due to certain circumstances, I was living in his house while he was gone, never moved out, neither of us wanted me to.

We talked about it for at least a year before he came home from work last month and proposed. A week later we were married.

Mind you, we went through a whole bunch of crazy stuff in those 3 years and found that it made us stronger.
samurai_chica
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM

have you talked about marriage?

risaspieces
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM
We were together for almost 5 years before we got married. My parents were only together for 8 months before getting married, and they're coming up on their 27th anniversary.
samie3711
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM

yes but he says he need to wait for the perfict moment

Quoting samurai_chica:

have you talked about marriage?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)