Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I want to move...

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:10 AM
  • 9 Replies
I really need help on this one. My husband, son, and I live in Reno, NV. We moved here from Los Angeles, CA in July 2011 after we got married because we thought we had a good opportunity here with his father who was supposed to let us stay with him until we saved enough money to get a house. Well....the obviously didn't work out. Lately well for months now I haven't been able to keep a job and we can barely keep our heads above water. Things have not been working out since we got out here. I asked about moving back to Los Angeles so we could be with family and he immediately said no. So I thought about a compromise which is moving to southern Nevada where there are more job opportunities for both of us, it's still just about as safe as Reno, and the schools are good (yes I did research on a particular area). Moving there would also get us closer to family so we could be able to visit more often. I really don't know how to convince him to move so that we can be better off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:36 AM
You put your foot down. At the end of the day. You have a child to care.for. and yourself. :0). Best wishes hun.
swthrt737
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Maybe he doesn't want to be close to family any more,however backup your plan by explaining to him the good about moving,the discovery you made and the job opportunities besides being near family. Good luck
luvmynubabe
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

You put your foot down. At the end of the day. You have a child to care.for. and yourself. :0). Best wishes hun.

I have honestly tried to put my foot down lol and that did not work at all

"Love is the most precious thing in this world"

*~The Lovely Mrs. Sykes~*

luvmynubabe
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Quoting swthrt737:

Maybe he doesn't want to be close to family any more,however backup your plan by explaining to him the good about moving,the discovery you made and the job opportunities besides being near family. Good luck

You are correct he doesn't want to be near family but it's kinda hard when we may need help every no and then and have no one to count on. It was because when we were near family we helped out a whole lot and put everyone elses needs before our own so it put us behind in what we needed to do or it didn't benefit us much at all which I can totally understand. Like I told him I'm not asking to move back 30 minutes away from them but I think 4-5 hours is a good time away. I have told him though about the job opportunites and everything and we are supposed to be having a conversation about the whole situation now that he's had time to think about it.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Keep trying to talk to him, I think you are being VERY fair and reasonable since you arent even insisting on ALL YOUR way as he is with his apparently, all you are asking for is a compromise, and a marriage or exclusive relationship is made of TWO people not one so one person should not automatically Get their way when its negatively affecting the other, there should be equality and compromise, a meeting in the middle, I think you are being very fair, good luck

Oh and ps, PLUS you even tried HIS way and since its not working out in the family's best interest obviously something else should be considered.

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

luvmynubabe
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Quoting earthangel1967:

Keep trying to talk to him, I think you are being VERY fair and reasonable since you arent even insisting on ALL YOUR way as he is with his apparently, all you are asking for is a compromise, and a marriage or exclusive relationship is made of TWO people not one so one person should not automatically Get their way when its negatively affecting the other, there should be equality and compromise, a meeting in the middle, I think you are being very fair, good luck

Oh and ps, PLUS you even tried HIS way and since its not working out in the family's best interest obviously something else should be considered.

Thank you so much! :) I agree I am being pretty fair and so now that I've given him some things to think about I am waiting for a response from him which I hope comes soon and is good news. :)

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Quoting luvmynubabe:

Quoting earthangel1967:

Thank you so much! :) I agree I am being pretty fair and so now that I've given him some things to think about I am waiting for a response from him which I hope comes soon and is good news. :)

Good luck and if that doesnt work, I think my next step would be waiting until he is in a good mood and approaching him in a friendly Teamspirit kind of way lol and ask him to sit down with me and AT LEAST help me make a list of pros and cons of staying where you are at and a pros and cons list of moving in the middle point. ANd go from there. Maybe when he sees more pros on the paper for the move it will make him think more clearly and with more open mind.

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

luvmynubabe
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I will definitely keep that in mind if I do get bad news! That sounds like a good idea.
2lilmamas
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:13 AM
Quoting swthrt737:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN