Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (141-150):
shannzuno
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Not saying im for it or against it. But wanted to point out monogamy is a fairly new concept. Some men are able to go the rest of their lifetime with only one woman(at least that we know of....) but there was a time when men had their wife but also slept around, it was just human nature. But the wife knew he was coming home to her. (Not all men did this but ones who traveled usually did) i remember reading a journal of a woman who went along with a man on his travels, essentially as his mistress. The wife knew and even sent a homemade blanket as essentially a thank you for taking care of her husbands needs, as shr had the kids at home and couldnt join in his travels. I personally dont judge. Unless it is you and your heart who are we to say whether its love or not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Deelmo01
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I would definately like two of more husbands.  Because I do the work of at least three or four people and men are extremely lazy - I think I need at least 5 of them just to get a good day's work done.

Threesome?  Sure, why not?  Husband #1 can go f*** husband #2 and #3 and even #4 and #5 if he's into that.  I just want to get some sleep.  Leave me out of it!!!

Craw4d3
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:53 PM

This!

Quoting RheaF:

Honestly? I feel like, why even get married if you want to run around like your single?

IDK, in my marriage it is my husband and I. There is no need or desire for anyone or anything else in there. If either of us even suggested it, there would be cause for some huge problems.

xolilmamato3
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:54 PM
3 moms liked this
I like that show. I love the big family and always having an extra hand. Those kids seem well adjusted. I work full time overnights and my husband works too. We pay for child care and still have to clean and cook and whatever. Would be nice to have another person in the house :)

Quoting jenettyshome:

Well, I didn't see the episode but I've watched "Sister Wives" and I find that sort of arrangement interesting.  SOMETIMES, I wish my dh had someone else to "bother".  lol.  (I'm not that "into" sex, just me though.)  Sometimes, too, I would love to have the bigger family that could come along with that kind of arrangement. 

Threesomes?  Probably not. 

NikkiL
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM

No way. Everyone can keep their hands off my hubby!!! lol

sarahsmom03
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

No way would I be comfortable with an open marriage. I am not into sharing, and I can think of too many things that could go wrong.  If a man is not content with me only, then he is not the man for me. 

Redwall
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM

If my husband even suggested such a thing, he'd find himself buried in the "back forty."  I didn't get married to have sex with anyone but him.  Luckily, we both think the same.

LisaSmock
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I'm not for open its just my DH and me. But in the bible many people had tons of wife's

Quoting momromtheheart:

God say when we get marry your body belong to your husband and his belong to you,

deltadawn1975
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh and I love each other and there is no way either of us would even think about an open marriage or a threesome.

NYChicago
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I call that dating. Marriage is a commitment of many things, including fidelity.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)