Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this
No. Sorry. A marriage is between two people and when you let in a third, or more, party you cease to have a marriage. Live together and be commited to your lifestyle butbdont mock us by calling it a marriage. I wouldn't do it and like a pp said, threesomes are strictly fantasy here as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have an open marriage myself.  I believe marriage should be a commitment between two people and only those two people.  I think if you are going to invite others into your bed, then you shouldn't be married. 

My ex wanted an open marriage after I told him I was leaving him.  He said it would be for the sake of the children.  That's really messed up logic, IMO.

I know others feel differently, and that's fine.  Their relationships aren't harming my marriage in any way. 

catrig
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this

It's not for me.  It wouldn't be something that would have a place in my marriage.  What other people do in their relationships is up to them.  There are some people I know that are in non traditional relationships that have no business doing so.  They can't even seem to handle one relationship.  As long as everybody is in agreement, and the people in question have the capacity to handle the relationships, then who am I to think anything of it?

Lorena
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
personally no, if you have a want or need to be with someone else then you shouldn't be married. I have no desire to invite problems into my marriage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Not for us.  Personally, I don't see the point in getting married if you're going to continue to canoodle with other people.  

I don't share.

PartyGalAnne
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM
5 moms liked this

Swinging is different than an open marriage.
I've never met anyone in an open relationhip where it has been successful, but I know lots of swingers who are very happy.

raegan1221
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Open marriage or "swinging" throws out any values of a committed relationship. My boyfriend and I are committed to each other, and nobody else is allowed in our relationship, period. I just can't understand it. But that's just me.

-mrs.mamma-
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM
2 moms liked this

don't believe in it. and would never even entertain the idea. 

pittymama
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Quoting RheaF:

Honestly? I feel like, why even get married if you want to run around like your single?

IDK, in my marriage it is my husband and I. There is no need or desire for anyone or anything else in there. If either of us even suggested it, there would be cause for some huge problems.

CrystalPystol
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Not my thing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)