Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

This. 

Quoting PartyGalAnne:

Swinging is different than an open marriage.
I've never met anyone in an open relationhip where it has been successful, but I know lots of swingers who are very happy.

Hectictracy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Not for us.. We are fulfilled with each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larabear1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
We aren't in an open marriage, but I find the idea interesting. I'd like to know how it works for people in an open marriage, as I've never met anyone in an open marriage . . .that I know of. I really like the idea of a threesome, but strictly as a fantasy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Tessie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM
3 moms liked this

my honest opinion? its sick and disgusting, and stupid. i dont get why they even got married. i think people today are so screwed up. and hell no i would never do any of the above.

mrswynn88
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this
no i would never have an open marriage to me thats cheating no matter if you condone (spelling?) it or not if my husband were to suggest it i would leave if you want to be with other people then what is the point of getting married you might as well just live together but thats just my opinion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I agree!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would never take part in an open marriage. I don't believe in them. I would feel I wasn't enough for my husband. I would leave before consenting to be in one. Threesome NEVER There is no way . That is strictly fantasy material in my world.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples303
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

My thoughts exactly!

Quoting MagicTemptation:

We are in a monogoumous relationship. However we both hold the belief that we are capable of loving more than one person without taking something away from the other. We would never "swing" or just have sex with someone just for the physical aspect. 

We have talked about the possibility that if we both fell in love with another woman(I am bi), and she with us, it would be something we might explore. But we have no intention on going out and looking. It would have to be a relationship between the 3, not just sex. 

bozobean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM
This exactly for me too.

Quoting RheaF:

Honestly? I feel like, why even get married if you want to run around like your single?

IDK, in my marriage it is my husband and I. There is no need or desire for anyone or anything else in there. If either of us even suggested it, there would be cause for some huge problems.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
247beachbumz
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Didn't see it....but why bother goin thru the whole marriage thing if u want opp?? Just live together n do anything n anyone u want together or separately....

WesternNYmom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

An open marriage isn't for me or my husband.  I won't share my man with another woman, and he would never share me with another man.  I am not judging anyone who chooses to have an open marriage. If that is what they want, I say go for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)