Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (251-260):
julesbouge
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

In my marraige, no way!  I will walk out the door before I share.  However, I think an open relationship is better than both parties cheating behind the other's back.  I know marraiges like that and think it is really sad.

elkmomma
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I personally am not that open minded.  However, well informed consenting adults can do what they want behind closed doors.  If its something both of you are into, desire, or wanting to try ...set some ground non-breaking and binding rules that you both agree to abide bye.

MOTHEROFCOREY
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
NO I WOULDN'T WANT AN OPEN MARRIAGE ..SAD THAT THIS IS EVEN A TOPIC..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Necie72
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG...  Thanks for giving me the best laugh ever!!!!  LOL

Quoting Mrsfarr:

Neither of these would work in my marriage. Husband and I are both sexually lazy.
We stopped in the middle of sex once because it was taking too long. If we brought another person into that, we'd both just lay there and wait for orgasms.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry but (and this is my personal feelings on the matter) there are two people in my marriage and in my marriage bed.  The minute it becomes more than 2 or less than 2, then we no longer have a marriage.

Lovesilky21
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I would but I believe, in the idea of love on more then one level, and with so many marriages ending in cheating or what not I don't see that people don't explore the option more, just a selfish way to not see that maybe your partner has different needs that you truly many not be able to met, but it does not mean that there is not love between them, if you love something set it free, and explore with, but you have to have a strong open communication.

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM
You're welcome.

I honestly didn't think the comment would be as popular as it is. I'm apparently hilarious.

Quoting Necie72:

OMG...  Thanks for giving me the best laugh ever!!!!  LOL

Quoting Mrsfarr:

Neither of these would work in my marriage. Husband and I are both sexually lazy.
We stopped in the middle of sex once because it was taking too long. If we brought another person into that, we'd both just lay there and wait for orgasms.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I have an open mind. It doesn't bother me nor repulses me. Up until last year, I had a polyamorous relationship. I ended it after some time simply because my husband and I were ready to take our relationship to a new level.

But as I said, I don't care how many people are involved in someone's relationship/marriage. It's none of my business so I'm not going to poke my nose where it doesn't belong.

As for if we'd swing, no. We've had a threesome before and while we enjoyed ourselves, we won't be having anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyLaLa85
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I would never have an open marriage, I would never swing or have a threesome. When I married my husband it was my commitment to him that he is the only one for me. We made vows to each other. I believe if you allow any of those into your marriage you do not have a marriage.

dearestwifey
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I was in an open relationship years ago with a long-time boyfriend and it worked fairly well. We eventually broke up, but it had nothing to do with the open relationship. Frankly we loved each other, but he was bisexual and I did not feel like I should close off that side of him. I loved him for who he was, ALL of who he was. We ended up going our separate ways because he CHEATED on me. We had threesomes, he had my consent to play with other men when I was not there, provided he told me about it. But then he went behind my back and concealed a romantic relationship with another woman. This was not "open" and I simply could not wrap my brain around the fact that the mommy to his child gave hiim permission to do WHATEVER he wanted, just keep me in the loop and talk to me, and that rule was too strict for him. Whatever, I still think that when performed openly and with communication, it can be fine as long as everybody involved knows and consents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)