Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (261-270):
IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I would never go for the swinging or threesome.  As for open marriages as a whole, I've known a handful of couples that have tried that, some even lasted a good 5 years or so... none of them have survived longer than that though and most have admited that the open relationship was largely at fault.  One partner feeling left out, taken advantage of or taken for granted.  Jealousy, guilt, etc.  No thank you..  It's not for me and I honestly don't think it makes for a good recipe for a healthy happy marriage.  

KaleyO.
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no problems with it. I even have some swingers in my family. But I just don't see the whole point of getting married if your lives aren't going to be committed to each other. Now on the whole threesome situation, that just isn't for me. He's mine, and I'm his. That's it. It's not gonna be he's mine and hers or I'm his and another guy's. Not no way, not no how.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Todd and I are both wayyyyy too serious about being exclusive and monogamous to be interested in any of those things.  We have both shared with one another that it actually makes us feel physically ill at the very mention or thought of anything like that (we both had been horribly hurt by cheaters in our past so are both extra sensitive about such things- we like that we are on the same page and that comforts both of us)

As far as an open marriage, if I wanted that type of relationship personally It wouldnt be a marriage, I would just stay single and if anything live with my favorite guy but I would never be in that type of marriage, not trying to offend those who are different than me, but to ME personally I wouldnt even consider that a "marriage".

But to each their own

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

Ihold8Stars
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Why get married?

I think people who start a "open relationship" be them just dating or married...

I feel couples who agree to do this once they have been in a relationship for 2 first,

are only consenting to this as a last ditch effort to keep a failing relationship going without having to put the real work it takes to keep a healthy relationship.

If your needing more then 1 you probly have a sex addiction or low self esteem if your only doing it to appease a spouse. Why get married?? That's not marriage that's a lifestyle.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ihold8Stars
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
This made me lmao! I've got him" trained" don't wanna train another!

Amen lol it's hard enough to stay emotional physically healthy connected in 1 relationship then if you have kids you have even more individual needs to consider as a whole family unit. Who the heck has time or wants to make room for an outsider! Not to mention it could bite you, curiosity killed the cat! Very well the other person might decide they can't share and take your SO away from you!

Quoting lalasha:

No not with my husband. I think I could explore with out getting attached to others but my husband is a TOTAL ROMANTIC and isn't very good at keeping love and sex apart. My husband is enough for me. Also I'm no longer willing to have bad sex. I've got one trained I don't want to train anyone else.

mamamary912
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM

i would never do that  its only my husband and me

bqt
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont judge but this would definately not work for me/us.

CharlotteRose
"A true friend is someone who thinks you're a good egg, even though they know you're slightly cracked."
Yesterday at 1:33 PM
by Charlotte on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Nope way tooo old fashion and jealous 

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I wouldn't be open to it.
jessifromdenver
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I could do it, but if it works for others good for them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)