Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (281-290):
Nford2012
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM

My hubby is enough for me and I'm not sharing :) 

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I was thinking the same thing while watching it 

Quoting StrawberryCool:

I watched that episode.

And those women are so damn blind sided if they think that this helped their marriages and that there was/is nothing missing in their relationships.

If my husband ever came to me and said he wanted an open marriage id be at that court house quicker then yoy can think!!!!!

tiredmama42
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I get nauseated thinking of my dh with another woman I will share anything except my husband. 

mommyT3612
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

i would never ever either i took a vowl to be with one man not others i am bond to my husband when you take that vowl to be with that persons it does not says do you take your husband or wife and muilable partners to be with for the rest  of your life i will be with my husband and only my husband no one else

MMerrill
by Melissa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

This.  Marriage is about making a commitment to someone that you have never and will never make to someone else again.... people these days treat marriage like it's just something you casually do when you care for someone, and when it isn't working you either get a divorce or you decided to have an "open" marriage, etc.  So why the hell even make the decision to get married if you can't follow through and commit yourself to one person forever.  Might as well just be single or date.

Quoting RheaF:

Honestly? I feel like, why even get married if you want to run around like your single?

IDK, in my marriage it is my husband and I. There is no need or desire for anyone or anything else in there. If either of us even suggested it, there would be cause for some huge problems.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

rosekit
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I wouldn't ever be ok with that, but who am I to say what is right or wrong for others? If they want to and everyone is aware of the situation, then more power to 'em. 

KyrinM
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM

There is no way I could share my DH of now.  But I admit I joyfully shared my Ex in an open marriage, because it meant someone else got to deal with his oversexed selfish ass.  He asked permission, & at that point I was, "Hmm...I don't have to fuck you? That's great, go for it!" (I didn't actually say that, but that was how I felt about it.)  I knew then when I had no jealousy & was more relieved than bothered by his running off to sleep with someone else it was over.  Just took us a little while to accept it, especially him.  I find I am very possessive over my DH of now, any other woman who looks at him is likely to get her eyes scratched out.  LOL, big change from how I was about my ex.  I couldn't give him away fast enough, & with DH, anyone tries to take him is gonna be so so sorry.

CountryMom357
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

There's no way I could do an open marriage. If my husband suggested. Or even brought it up, I'd be heart broken and probably end up leaving. Because if he even must thought about it, then I must not be enough and he doesn't truly love me and respect me. I know I wouldn't do well with a 3 some because I get jealous and I don't want to see my husband with another woman.

crissysworld
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Any updates?

barneysaid
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:28 AM
My hole is his only and that weewee is all mine!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN