Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (291-300):
barneysaid
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Keep it old school....baby!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jrfan4evermom
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
One of my friends is with a man that is married and the wife and her are friends.. They refer to themselves more as sister wives! They shared a house at one point but that was too much so they live seperately now. He stays with her every other night and they go in public like nothing is out of the ordinary... I could never do it but whatever works I guess...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amberstars
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Is open marriage where you sleep with other people but stay in the relationship to your spouse?  No that wouldn't be legally allowed in our religion.  Nor would "swingers" or 'threesomes, etc.' and that stuff goes against our personal beliefs.  Now polygamy is allowed and legal in Islam (that's our religion).  Wouldn't you be worried about getting diseases if you participated in the 'swinger'/'mass orgy' scene?  That just creeps me out a bit.  Also what happens in the event of a pregnancy? How many of these 'men' who participate in open marriage would step up and care for any children that they might have fathered?  What is the point of getting married if you are going to pretend you are single?

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:23 PM
This exactly...

Quoting RheaF:

Honestly? I feel like, why even get married if you want to run around like your single?

IDK, in my marriage it is my husband and I. There is no need or desire for anyone or anything else in there. If either of us even suggested it, there would be cause for some huge problems.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:36 AM

They're already married with 3 kids before they decided to start the open marriage thing. 

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

This exactly...

Quoting RheaF:

Honestly? I feel like, why even get married if you want to run around like your single?

IDK, in my marriage it is my husband and I. There is no need or desire for anyone or anything else in there. If either of us even suggested it, there would be cause for some huge problems.

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM

No update. This was just a show that was on Ricki Lake a few weeks ago and I wanted to know what other people thought of how the couple was living with their children and family 

Quoting crissysworld:

Any updates?

CutieCrab
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM

No I wouldn't. I am a jealous biotch. LOL

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Ok... and? 

They're running around with other people like their single.  Not ok.  No matter what they may think, it will affect their children and how they view marriage.  They shouldn't stay together for the sake of the children while dating other people.

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

They're already married with 3 kids before they decided to start the open marriage thing. 

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

This exactly...

Quoting RheaF:

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:10 PM

They stated that they don't want to split due to the kids. Their family and friends are all aware of their lifestyle. Oh and I never said it was ok..just stating what was said on the show. blank stare

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Ok... and? 

They're running around with other people like their single.  Not ok.  No matter what they may think, it will affect their children and how they view marriage.  They shouldn't stay together for the sake of the children while dating other people.

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

This exactly...

Quoting RheaF:

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Ahhh... gotcha....

When I told my ex husband I was leaving him, he wanted me to agree to an open marriage for "the sake of our children".  I will never understand that mentality.

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

They stated that they don't want to split due to the kids. Their family and friends are all aware of their lifestyle. Oh and I never said it was ok..just stating what was said on the show. blank stare

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Ok... and? 

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

This exactly...

Quoting RheaF:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)