Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (301-310):
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I don't get it either. I think it's crazy. The thing that baffled me the most is they really tried to play it up like they're happy. I think there is a youtube video of the show. I looked up open marriage ricki lake show and it showed a snip of the show if you wanted to see for yourself how crazy they look while talking lol 

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Ahhh... gotcha....

When I told my ex husband I was leaving him, he wanted me to agree to an open marriage for "the sake of our children".  I will never understand that mentality.

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

They stated that they don't want to split due to the kids. Their family and friends are all aware of their lifestyle. Oh and I never said it was ok..just stating what was said on the show. blank stare

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Ok... and? 

They're running around with other people like their single.  Not ok.  No matter what they may think, it will affect their children and how they view marriage.  They shouldn't stay together for the sake of the children while dating other people.

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

They're already married with 3 kids before they decided to start the open marriage thing. 

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

This exactly...

Quoting RheaF:

Honestly? I feel like, why even get married if you want to run around like your single?

IDK, in my marriage it is my husband and I. There is no need or desire for anyone or anything else in there. If either of us even suggested it, there would be cause for some huge problems.

crissysworld
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Sorry I was thinking of a different post lol.

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

No update. This was just a show that was on Ricki Lake a few weeks ago and I wanted to know what other people thought of how the couple was living with their children and family 

Quoting crissysworld:

Any updates?

my name is crista, wife to kevin, stepmom to dillon, Proud Fostermom, i lost my job thanks to Chrysler and am looking for a new one  and go to college part time. ttc our first with pcos since september 2000, fertility is a very sensitive issue for me. i am prolife, believe in cio, vaccinating  . We lost our first baby at 6 weeks along May of 2011. We are Foster Parents hoping to adopt.

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:17 AM

No problem lol 

Quoting crissysworld:

Sorry I was thinking of a different post lol.

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

No update. This was just a show that was on Ricki Lake a few weeks ago and I wanted to know what other people thought of how the couple was living with their children and family 

Quoting crissysworld:

Any updates?

tiredmama42
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its a sure way to end a marriage.    My ex (mid life crisis) started going to swinger parties.. met a woman who just got married.  The couple "recruited" him to move in with them so he could have sex with the wife while the husband watched.   Apparently ex and wife fell in love (puke) and the couple divorced quickly.  Sickening.. I thought it was more just springer stuff but sickening when its close to home.    

sonnyswoman75
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I am open to swinging in a marriage as long as its done together. I think if done seperately it gets very dangerous for your relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
It's disgusting, immoral and completely disrespectful towards real marriage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Divalicious103
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
No to all. No open marriage. Why get married if that's what you're going to do? No threesome, no swinging no
blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally it isn't for me. My husbands parents are swingers. So he had to grow up with different people coming in and out of his house.

Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

That's just not right. Ugh..

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Personally it isn't for me. My husbands parents are swingers. So he had to grow up with different people coming in and out of his house.

Want to TTC a GIRL? We share science based
methods to sway the odds for a GIRL!
Click here!

blueyedbaker
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM

When he was younger he actually walked in on them in the middle of their "act". He'd have friends over and they'd go through his parents room and find all kinds of stuff. It was bad.

Quoting Kaybean:

That's just not right. Ugh..

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN