Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (311-320):
CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Not for us but to each his own.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CharlotteRose
by Charlotte on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope I value our committment to each other and couldn't share my man to another - just saying.....

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Oh wow! That's something! 

Quoting blueyedbaker:

When he was younger he actually walked in on them in the middle of their "act". He'd have friends over and they'd go through his parents room and find all kinds of stuff. It was bad.

Quoting Kaybean:

That's just not right. Ugh..

Quoting blueyedbaker:

Personally it isn't for me. My husbands parents are swingers. So he had to grow up with different people coming in and out of his house.

Xstitchinmom
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Open marriage is not for us...we don't like to share;p
Eco_Momma
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

We are poly. Hubby is seeing a girl and I'm kind of seeing someone. We have very strict rules and it works out great for us.

It's not about sex for us. Rule 3 is : no sex before you have been together for 6 months. 

My hubby and I have different hobbies and interests and out partners fill the void. You will not catch we out at bars but Hubby and his lady love to go out. My guy and I love to garden and talk history.

We love on different levels for diffenet reasons. Monogamy is a fairly new concept.

Valentina327
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:00 AM
These responses are cracking me up..."we" don't share, "we" only want each other, the thought makes "us" sick. I'm telling you as sure as I sit here probably 90% of the menfolk would be all over this if it were offered as a sincere option...one where they knew there would be no retribution for saying yes. You'll never get an honest answer out of them due to their deep seated fear of pissing you off and living a life of misery thereafter, but I still contend if they've voiced objection to an open relationship or swinging they aren't being honest.
I_luv_my_boys3
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:11 AM
Eh, it's not for us that's for sure. I'll be honest we do talk about it (swinging and threesomes) but it's strictly fantasies for us. I don't think we'd ever actually go through with them. The way we see it is this OUR marriage... It's between us and no one else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissAlly89
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:17 AM

I don't agree with open marriages. What's the point in being married if you're just gonna fuck other people? Makes no sense. Threesomes however, are fine, if that's what you're comfortable with, becuause your SO is right there. Swinging is just weird, in my opinion.

MissAlly89
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:21 AM

God this is pathetic. How does that sound okay to you? Marriage is a beautiful thing. Why ruin it with "seeing other people"? Clearly, you're not happy with your husband. And FYI, you don't need to have EVERYTHING in common with your husband to be happy.

Quoting Eco_Momma:

We are poly. Hubby is seeing a girl and I'm kind of seeing someone. We have very strict rules and it works out great for us.

It's not about sex for us. Rule 3 is : no sex before you have been together for 6 months. 

My hubby and I have different hobbies and interests and out partners fill the void. You will not catch we out at bars but Hubby and his lady love to go out. My guy and I love to garden and talk history.

We love on different levels for diffenet reasons. Monogamy is a fairly new concept.

MissAlly89
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't like that mentality either. Anything to make sleeping with other people sounds okay. Spend time as friends. You don't need to "SEE" anyone. God, what's wrong with people? Do marriages and relationships mean nothing to people. Why not just say "I'm okay with him/her cheating?" That's all it is? Stop giving it fancy names. banging head into wall

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Ahhh... gotcha....

When I told my ex husband I was leaving him, he wanted me to agree to an open marriage for "the sake of our children".  I will never understand that mentality.

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

They stated that they don't want to split due to the kids. Their family and friends are all aware of their lifestyle. Oh and I never said it was ok..just stating what was said on the show. blank stare

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Ok... and? 

They're running around with other people like their single.  Not ok.  No matter what they may think, it will affect their children and how they view marriage.  They shouldn't stay together for the sake of the children while dating other people.

Quoting 1stTimeMom1982:

They're already married with 3 kids before they decided to start the open marriage thing. 

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

This exactly...

Quoting RheaF:

Honestly? I feel like, why even get married if you want to run around like your single?

IDK, in my marriage it is my husband and I. There is no need or desire for anyone or anything else in there. If either of us even suggested it, there would be cause for some huge problems.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)