Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (321-330):
littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this

i feel the same

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I would never take part in an open marriage. I don't believe in them. I would feel I wasn't enough for my husband. I would leave before consenting to be in one. Threesome NEVER There is no way . That is strictly fantasy material in my world.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Gmgej
by Michele on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't do it. I don't play well with others.

Ayshren
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I could never do it.

jsmom01
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Definitely not right for me or my relationship, so I wouldn't engage in any of it.

The relationships that do, I don't judge, however I know someone who is in one, there are distinct and defninte rules they all agree upon and keep, and none of the parties has kids. thery are just 3 people committed to each other who live happily under the same roof.  

I don't know how they do it, because Its certainly not my cup of tea!

iluvsn85
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally would never have an open marriage, im just old fashion that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
nope. not an option. if thats what he wanted, id ask for a divorce. id never want that in my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom4awesomekids
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Well I don't believe in it....but what other people do is not my business.

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I think an open marriage is great, if that's what the couple agree on. I don't think it's great to expose the children to it, and I wouldn't have it work that way in my own marriage if I were in an open one. Having an outside relationship, would be strictly outside of my home and completely separate from my children's knowledge. I have no problem with threesomes, but would not do it with my husband. Swinging can be great, but I know some people that swing, and at least from what I can see, people who swing, don't exactly register on my "turn on" meter.

xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

It wouldn't work for me. 

I think if all parties involved are okay with it, then go for it. 

Eco_Momma
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this

lol I'm sorry you see it that way. Why don't you worry about your relationshis and let others worry about theirs?

Quoting MissAlly89:

God this is pathetic. How does that sound okay to you? Marriage is a beautiful thing. Why ruin it with "seeing other people"? Clearly, you're not happy with your husband. And FYI, you don't need to have EVERYTHING in common with your husband to be happy.

Quoting Eco_Momma:

We are poly. Hubby is seeing a girl and I'm kind of seeing someone. We have very strict rules and it works out great for us.

It's not about sex for us. Rule 3 is : no sex before you have been together for 6 months. 

My hubby and I have different hobbies and interests and out partners fill the void. You will not catch we out at bars but Hubby and his lady love to go out. My guy and I love to garden and talk history.

We love on different levels for diffenet reasons. Monogamy is a fairly new concept.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)