Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In your honest opinion how do you feel about open marriage? There was a episode on Ricki Lake the other day and I'm still amazed. *On the open marriage aspect I think I should let it be known that these people were already married for about 12 yrs before they started having a open marriage. At that point they had 3 kids and didn't want to get divorced.*

Also would any of you swing with your husband or have a threesome?

I know these are personal questions so if you don't feel comfortable answering feel free to inbox me.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (51-60):
Monsita
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting cherylmoore:

Why bother to get married? If you don't want to be with"just one person" which is what marriage is. Then just stay single

wedding.....dito....Marriage is for two!!!

AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally I am polyamorous, but I'm in a monogamous relationship. It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to have a poly relationship, or to have a threesome or swing with my partner. (An open relationship is completely different from all of those things, and open relationships don't tend to be successful, whereas the other three have better chances of working out with the right amount of communication and trust.)

Anyway, SO is simply not wired for poly - he's a very monogamous person. So it would never happen for us. Sometimes I feel like I am sacrificing something that is very much a part of me, but in the end, I am happy with our relationship, no matter what the dynamic is.

Kaya529
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My exhusband and I used to do threesomes. That way it was something we did together and had fun. Oddly, it was one of the few things that wasn't an issue in our marriage. I would do it again.

I don't think I would be okay with a real open marriage even though I know people who do it and have successful marriages.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZsMommy
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Three words:

Oh....Hell...NO!

xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I'm against it. Imo marriage is still "forsaking all others"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TwinMummy2012
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow ... never would I be ok with a open marriage, if me or my husband wanted to sleep with other people then clearly we are not mad for one another. If you truely love somebody you wouldn't be willing to sleep with other people, what are you going to do chat about it over the dinner table? And think about the children involved... its not the best situation for a child to be brought up in. Before me and my partner had children he asked me for a Threesome.. but I said straight up NO! I think its just one of them things men ask.. but from listening to people I know who have done it, it really doesn't help a relationship. I believe every couple is different and if your into them things then thats 100% up to you and your partner if you have spoken about it truthly and admitted your fears of doing so, but I do believe that children should not be part of a household like that, people talk and would you really want your child hear what their parents are up to in the bedroom department!!? xx

Jujubee12
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I think its ok but not for me. DH and I would never even do a threesome or anything. but we have a friend who has and open marraige as in they swing and find people together to have sex with (not have a secondary relationship). They seem really happy. I just think everyone's idea of a happy relationship is different. 

furbabymum
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM

It's a fantasy we use to spice things up but we were both virgins when we met and there's no way I'd be ok with actually sharing him.

mommybellygirl
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM

i dont think i could ever share my husband but i think it can work for other people

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mrsfitz05:

How do you have time for that? Between sex, maintaining the relationship and presumably kids? I barely have time for one. :)  LOL it takes alot of getting use to and practice lol

What made you decide I this lifestyle? Do you cohabitate?  DH and i talked about it for several years after seeing a story on one of the news programs (20/20 or something, i don't remember which) and then we decided that we wouldn't actively look for people but if they showed up, why not.  Well 2 months later they showed up within weeks of each other lol.  Yes we do live together and there is no group sex, it is all "couples"...meaning me and dh, me and my so, dh and his so.  We all have our own rooms and i go to SO's room and DH to his SO's room.  We have a schedule as well, i sleep 2 nights with DH then 2 nights with my SO...when i am with my SO then DH is with his.  There is never anyone from outside our family involved...we are a closed "unit" so to speak.....confused yet lol.

Is there really no jealousy? I've heard of women managing on this situation but never encountered one with multiple husbands. Most men are territorial so I have trouble visualizing this.  There is jealousy, we are all human.  There is no jealousy between the men however as DH is very A type personality and SO is more laid back and goes with the flow...plus they are best friends now.  There was jealousy between us girls at first, more on the others then mine as she is very young (just turned 25) and monogamous by nature.  I am polyamorous by nature and know that by loving one i am not taking from the other, it is equal.  My guys understand that as well as they are both poly minded as well.  The other thing that is different between her and i is how i look at jealousy..to me if i feel jealousy i realize it isn't someones fault it is because i am missing something, so i think on it, figure out WHAT is truly the problem then address that as oppossed to simply getting madder and madder and fueling the monster til it grows into an issue...make sense?

No judgment from me. My beliefs about MY marriage are based on my faith. However, not everyone shares that and it would be silly to expect them to live by the same "rules". I believe the law should stay out of out entirely as long as they are consenting adults.
  I agree, life is short and hard enough, who cares who we love or how many....as long as no one is hurt and everyone knows what is going on and everyones needs are met, it is that relationships business not the government or church or joe public.  Nice to meet you :O)
Quoting Anryan:

i am polyamorous and  in a committed relationship with 2 men, my legal husband fo 18 yrs also has another partner (another woman) and we have been successful for almost  5 yrs now..

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN