Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In-laws love them or ........

Posted by   + Show Post

well i adore my mil but my fil ( they are not together) is another story.....he lost his home 6 months ago and has been living with dh and I since! We had to go to his house and pack up all his stuff and move it.....i have a 14 year old sil who was staying elsewhere at first but within a month and a half we ended up with her too. My fil is a alcoholic and is completely taking advantage of dh and I BIG TIME!. Hes not lookin for a place has a job makin good money but has offered twice to give us money and we told him we just want him to save to get his own place....then finally we said yes we will take some money and still havent received it...he will stay in a apt provided for him at his job but have sil dropped off here without tellin us or anything...and show up when he wants very disrepectful to our lifestyle...im just sooooo sick of it...have any of u dealt with this with ur in laws? .....Im really starting to dismise this man seriously..

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
MomRocs1102
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Um i don't really know either of them.  Mil hardly notices/cares that we exist.  Fil is a nice guy with a wife who talks to much and wants to keep up drama, so there isnt much of a relationship with him.  Although dh and his dad are starting to talk more(which i am happy about).   I like hearing stories about people who have great relationships with their inlaws i want that, but it wont happen.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Don't know them. Have yet to meet my MIL and only met my FIL once. 

ittyprincess604
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

havent been in that situation with in laws but have been with my own family. My older brother came to live with us, hes been with my mom his whole life, she kicked him out, he came here. He lived here 6 months, refused to get a job, look for a place or do house work so we eventually had to kick him out also. 

I love my MIL. FIL passed years before me and DH got together, but my MIL is such a great person. Shes so kind and funny.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM

You can talk to your husband about it

momofsunshine77
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I like them as people, they are nice, but I dont like their moral values especially around my children.  My DH grew up with adults doing whatever they wanted even when children are around.  I grew up where you dont do certain things or say certain things when children are around.  IT is kinda annoying that my kids get exposed to things I dont want them to. 

supermomz25
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:39 PM

my MIL and her husband (step-FIL) are wonderful. we had are disagreements in the beginning, but we have worked through them.

I cannot stand my FIL (who is not with MIL). he is horrible to my husband and he is extremely racist. he claims I am a gold digger who takes advantage of my husband. he says that I married my husband for his money (I'm the bread winner).

boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Love my FIL, we live with him and he's awesome with dd. My MIL I can stand as long as she's not around lol

bugsmama149
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Well, my MIL hates my fuckin guts and would probably be more than happy to see me sucking on an exhaust pipe. But I guess that's what happens when you're a "fuckin whore" like she says I am.

motivatedmomof7
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Can't stand my in-laws.  If I had a way, I would possibly leave my marriage over them.  Not because I don't love my husband.  But because I know that as long as I stay married to my husband, they will be apart of my life and in all honesty, that just seems incredibly overwhelming to me.  I hate the thought of the rest of my kids' birthdays and holidays...things I should look forward to, I dread because of them.  Somehow, that doesn't seem fair.

I envy all of you who love your in-laws.  I seriously wish I felt the same way.  I def don't enjoy the feelings I have for them.

soymujer
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Love them both.

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN