Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

In-laws love them or ........

Posted by   + Show Post

well i adore my mil but my fil ( they are not together) is another story.....he lost his home 6 months ago and has been living with dh and I since! We had to go to his house and pack up all his stuff and move it.....i have a 14 year old sil who was staying elsewhere at first but within a month and a half we ended up with her too. My fil is a alcoholic and is completely taking advantage of dh and I BIG TIME!. Hes not lookin for a place has a job makin good money but has offered twice to give us money and we told him we just want him to save to get his own place....then finally we said yes we will take some money and still havent received it...he will stay in a apt provided for him at his job but have sil dropped off here without tellin us or anything...and show up when he wants very disrepectful to our lifestyle...im just sooooo sick of it...have any of u dealt with this with ur in laws? .....Im really starting to dismise this man seriously..

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
huntmom1104
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I love them all so much... they are the only family i really have and they have accepted me like another daughter ... i cannot imagine what you are going throught but i hope that things get better for you :)

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I adore my MIL and i liked my FIL when he was still alive as well. It wasnt always good between us but we've gotten to a really good place and im thankful for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maryroses
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I love mine

emillz92
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I love them to pieces, but my husband and I are young, so we live with them and sometimes they drive me up the wall!

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM

We both get along really well with Todds family and mine. I guess we got lucky

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

PROGENITOR
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Eh, MIL is okay. FIL is a royal douche bag. He is a cheater, is dishonest, jealous of any good that happens to his kids (but not his one night stand kid whom he adores but won't come out and vocally claim as his own son). He didn't like me when DH and I started dating because I was fat. He hates fat people. He is a has been musician who never provided well for his family.

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Love my in laws...

Sorry ur fil is not manning up.
inlovewithmy2
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM

this sounds like the situation my mom is going through. her husbands father was supposed to come stay and visit and ended up moving in. he came from texas and his girlfriend passed away so he came back here to ohio to visit his kids and just never left. he is staying with my mom and stepdad and also my 8 year old brother and 15 year old sister live there. he has been hospitalized, they have had to go pick him up when hes been using drugs and mass amounts of alcohol and he even shot my brother with an airsoft gun on purpose. idk how they are going to get that man out of their house. he recently just started giving them money but that doesnt excuse all the other things. he gets disability cuz he got hurt at work.

inlovewithmy2
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM

as for my MIL she is a bit too nice and can be overbearing. FIL is very serious and undependable and always dips out on family events with some excuse. they are like complete opposites.

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I will never meet my father-in-law because he died when my husband was little. As for mother-in-law, I can't stand her, but we try being nice to each other. My husband hates her but still has somewhat of a relationship with her. He lived with her for awhile and hated it. He calls her by her first name and says he wants our son to call her by her name and not "grandma." She likes drinking a lot and she likes to cause drama when she is drunk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)