Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

From just married...to truck driver.

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM
  • 15 Replies

My husband and I have been married since May 2012. We had our lives planed out. We were both in school to be become nurses everything was going great. Then one month ago he decides he wants to switch up his life and be a OTR truck driver. Reluctantly I agreed because I want him to be happy. He is in school now, I dont even think he second guessed his decision. I'm so confused. We were together five yrs before getting married, we've only been apart maybe a week during the whole 6 yrs we've been together. Why did he suddenly change his mind? Did he not like being married so he decided to pick a job he can be away? He has cheated on me in the past, will this career give him more chances to do it again? I cry everyday just thinking about him leaving. He said its possible he will only be home about 4 days a month. When he tells me this he acts like it doesn't phase him at all. Plus, there's more to the story.....a little while before getting married he started acting like he was losing interest in me. Since getting married, he acts like hes lost all interest. We have had sex, including honeymoon maybe 4 times. He never gives me any compliments anymore or says anething nice to me. I always try to give him compliments, and I truly mean them. Every morning I wake up 2 hrs before time for me to actually have to get up 2g2 school and work full time, so i can  cook  breakfest  for him and get his stuff ready for the day. I always strive to please him and get him to notice me. When we first started having these issues I really tried hard to get him to notice me, i bought new sexy  outfits and and tried to do things to get him excited to be with me....nothing helped I usually ended up crying myself to sleep feeling like a failure. I'm so sad. I have tried talking to him about it but he says nothing is wrong, his idea of fixing it. He got me a dog. He said now i don't have to feel so alone and not loved. Now its even worse, because no only do i not get any attention or affection but if he does call me or text me during the day its about the dog. And he makes the dog sleep between us in the bed, I guess so i don't try to touch him in the bedroom. The 4 times he has wanted to have sex, was obviously for his pleasure only nothing before or after just started the business and ended when he was ready. Nothing after. No emotions. I know this was a little graphic but I wanted you ladies to understand. I'm so alone, I could really use some help. or just someone to talk to. I have no one. what should I do?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.Fleury
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh wow! Very sad !!! Hugs to you. If you guys were having issues, why did you get married ? There is obviously some deep seeded issue. My friends ex husband was OVer The Road Truck Driver and man he was very unfaithful. Not saying your will be. I really think you need to sit down and have a huge heart to heart talk before it gets to late, if it already is.
Good luck hun
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissHoneyBee1
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Thank you so much your reply. Well when he was unfaithful to me, he begging me stay with him and not leave him. Promised me the world so on ans on.....so a year later were getting married. IDK it just all happened so fast and I always wanted to be with him. Then before the wedding I honestly thought he was acting that way because of the stress. Then since then Ive been coming up with excuses after excuses for the reasons for his actions. Talking is easier said then done, when in his eyes there's nothing wrong with anything that's happening. I'm always the wrong one, being over dramatic.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Do you think he maybe married you just to appease you? Like, he proposed because he cheated and wanted back "in" and thought that was the way to go about it?

Quoting MissHoneyBee1:

Thank you so much your reply. Well when he was unfaithful to me, he begging me stay with him and not leave him. Promised me the world so on ans on.....so a year later were getting married. IDK it just all happened so fast and I always wanted to be with him. Then before the wedding I honestly thought he was acting that way because of the stress. Then since then Ive been coming up with excuses after excuses for the reasons for his actions. Talking is easier said then done, when in his eyes there's nothing wrong with anything that's happening. I'm always the wrong one, being over dramatic.

MissHoneyBee1
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM

yes, i guess that is possible :(

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Therapy.. for you. I am sorry you are going through this, but it sounds like he is already out the door in this marriage..

Honestly.. sounds like he never really wanted to be married to begin with.

MissHoneyBee1
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:47 PM

yes. i guess ive been thinking about that..... maybe he never really wanted to just did it to keep me. i guess i was just blinded bc i wanted it to work. Thank you for your honest opinion

rebelrose79
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 PM
My husband is a former otr truck driver. It was hard. Sorry you are going through this. If you ever need to talk just message me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissHoneyBee1
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I think ive known all along it was over...I was just holding on to the happiness that was once there. I guess I should quit leaving in past memories. Its over hes not happy, I cant make him happy. Its not fair to either of us. You guys are really great. Thank you so much.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM

(((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Mommy7497
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Quoting MissHoneyBee1: I'm sorry you are going thru this but you already answered your own question think its not fair for to you keep wasting your time you should move on and give yourself the chance to find someone who will love you and appreciate you, because you sound like a lovely person.

I think ive known all along it was over...I was just holding on to the happiness that was once there. I guess I should quit leaving in past memories. Its over hes not happy, I cant make him happy. Its not fair to either of us. You guys are really great. Thank you so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN