Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I need some advise

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 5 Replies
Me and my husband have been married 7 yrs and have 2 kids, he has a 21 yr old daughter. Right after we got married I found out he had a drinking problem, it was bad. Since we have had kids it has slowed down a lot, but not stopped. About a month ago him and his daughter got into a big fight ( he was drunk), he broke the t.v. And her windshield. Last night he got drunk again and he really scared me and the boys. I was called every name in the book, he now says he is sorry. We just brought a new house and the schools, doctors, etc are great. I have no job or money, if I left my family lives 2 hours away. He complains I never want to be romantic and he is right, he treats me like poop. My mom says he is just stressed out and I need to stay for the boys. What would you all do? I kind of want to leave, but a part of me doesn't want to take the kids away from their dad. I am so confused
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Demand he seek help or you will leave. Sit down with him and tell him flat out that the behavior has to stop now. You refuse to live like that and he is should be setting a better example for his kids. 

eoewan
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I agree with the pp. Your dh needs to get help immediately. If he refuses to get help for his addiction then you must remove yourself with your children to be safe. The question to ask yourself is do you want your children to think that treating a woman the way your dh treats you is normal behaviour? Good luck.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM

You need to have a talk with him why you want to leave unless he realises there is a problem and gets help.

klbetts
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him get help or get out! I know from experience that words can do as much damage as fists.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM

He's doing more harm to your children than good. He would get help or I would leave. End of discussion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN