Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Dating a younger Man, having a baby at my age ? So many questions ...Help,,,

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

I'll try to make this short. I was in a happy marriage (or so I thought) to this wonderful Man that loved me more than himself (or so I thought) we bought a house, I finally got pregnant after trying for 2 yrs, life was good...until at 8 months pregnant and only 1 week in our new house I received a call that distoyed everything I had, he was cheating on me. For 3 years we tried, or I did...it didnt work, we got divorced. Since then I did not trust anyone so dating was not in my books.

One day I met this guy who did anything possible to take me on a date, I have no idea how many times I turned him down.I finally went and long story short we have been together for 1.5 yrs. Its been great, He is wonderful and treats me like a Queen. He is 13 yrs younger than me, He looks older and really acts older than he is, even his interests. I look younger than I am, and I have a young spirit so I guess we meet in the middle.

I feel that my ex Husband took away a lot from me, even the dream of having 2 children. Now I am 47, would love to have another baby, but I feel its too late, physicaly I still can but society sees it as bad and also the fact that my BF is younger than me is a factor in society.

So my question is, would you give it a try? do you care about society?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
sexyma76
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I totally agree, if you are physically fit and healthy enough, why not? Just be sure that this man (and hopefully his family too) is committed to providing and being supportive to your child for the rest of his/her life and hopefully you as well! Cheers :-)

Quoting Lefty38:

Society does not pay your bills, is not in your relationship, and it's none of society's business how you live your life. Don't let other people determine the path you want to take in life. If you're a good person and just want to be happy, do exactly what you want...

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Relationship yes, baby hell no! But that is just me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Swt7
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Whenever we focus on what others think instead of what we feel and think,we usually fail life's greater challenges,therefore don't mind me,them,her or him!
Just feel renewed and enjoy your new life and experience forget what your ex did or didn't,it will continue to pull you down if you think of the past so much.
Good luck.
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Has the new guy proposed marriage yet? If he's got no biological children I can see why you'd want to do that but it's harder the older you are, that's for sure! I'm 54 and I can't really imagine going to teacher conferences and soccer practices again and doing all I did in my 30's and 40's.

NinaFL
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:02 AM

He is ok with it either way, He adores my daughter and I know he would be a great Dad. I have 1 Sister and 2 Brothers, I cannot imagine life without them, they would do anything for me. I would like my Daughter to have that too.

Quoting pittymama:

this. i think if you found a doctor that would monitor you properly during pregnancy and you had no underlying health issues you could probably have a safe/healthy pregnancy but it seems a litttle late. how does your man feel about it? (i don't think age should prevent anyone from doing wha they want)

Quoting 2lilmamas:

Honestly I find a bit late to have a baby I say only because of health issues. Everything else is really on you if your comfortable with it.

PartyGalAnne
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't give a crap about society, but at your age having a baby may not be in your (or your potential baby's) best health interests. Fertility, hormones, and all that other nonsense might put a serious damper on the fairy tale you're living right now.

eoewan
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM

You should not care about what others think of you - they are not living your life. Surprisingly you are not the center of strangers lives and are not the main topic of their conversation. Just remember that.

Just so you know, I am turning 50 this year and I have a 11 month old son. No one looks or even cares.

Dimples303
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM

You are the only person who really knows what's best for you and your family. Don't pay any attention to what other people think... No one knows how long they have left on this earth whether they are 27 or 47 so if you feel that you want to have another baby and can provide for your children, then do it! Best of luck to you. :)

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't worry about society...I'd be more concerned with your health, the risks to the baby and also that child's future with an older mom.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Irish is 14 yrs younger then me and i am 40, i would have another if i wasn't fixed lol.

Don't let society dictate who you love or when you do or don't have children.  Its for you and your partner to decide.  Leave the past behind you, it only drags you down...move forward...always  :O)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)