Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Sex: How long and how often?..Added EDIT...

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 68 Replies

Here's my Issue. I LOVE my Husband. I enjoy sex, I really do but  My husband is the kind of man who could seriously do it 3 times a day. He asks for it every day and not just once. All of our kids go to school so he wants it during the day and then will try again at night. Honestly I would have no problems doing it every day if it didn't take 1 1/2 to 2 hours each time! I'm really quick 15-30 minutes is about all I really need. If he could do it in half an hour we'd do it every day even twice a day sometimes but IMO 2 hours is just to long. sometimes I feel like we are opposite sides of sexual stereotype. usually the man is done to fast for the woman but it's the opposite for us. I am just wondering am I alone? Sometimes I feel like I  am not good enough in bed and that's why it takes so long. He tells me that is not the issue. I try not to get fustrated during because it just  makes it worse. but if we go to bed at 10 and now it's 11:30 and I'm tired because I have been up since 6:30 that morning and have to get up tomorrow morning at 6:30 and that's only 7 hours away and I'm not sleeping yet. It's fustrating not enjoying. anyone else have these issues?

BTW we are both 31 years old.

ADDED ON: I should add that we do not do it as often as he asks. I cannot handle that much but it's a big conflict for us because he does not think it's asking to much. I am good with once or twice a week. It's usually more like 4 or 5 times a week. My dh works from home and I am a SAHM so we are both here without kids From 8am-2pm. The more we do it the longer it takes. When we've gone like 4 days without it is usually the days it only takes 1 hour to an hour and a half. but If we do it twice in one day it's 2 hours both times! Sometimes he gets fustrated too and we will just stop because he knows how much it bothers me.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansFabMom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband and I have only had sex twice in the past 3 months. We don't really fight about it. We are both just so busy and exhausted all the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 25
He is 27

We do it 1-2 a week
Between 45 min- an hour at a time.
It works for us.
With 2 young kids and work it's really only on the weekends that we aren't dead tired by the time the kids are in bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my id be frustrated too. As it is my hubby doesnt usually last long enough but if he lasted THAT long id be like uh? Dont have time for this lol. Thats a long ass time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorena
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:14 AM
We do everyday as long as im not in pain. If it were up to him it would be 3xs a day. But he only last about 15 min- half an hour. Somedays i'm like I got shit to do.
AleaKat
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:16 AM
20 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CowgirlMama0508
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:16 AM
My husbands only home for 2 weeks a month, but those 2 weeks he's home it's every day (sometimes twice) and usually lasts about 45 mins to an hour
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:27 AM
My ex HAD to either take care of himself, or have actual sex every single day. When we would have sex it would go on and on and I would dry up and I would need to bj or jerk him off..I hated it.(tmi but I can squirt several times, so me drying up was too long for sex) our sex life took a plummet when he started that.

Now with df, we could have it everyday, or go several days before we have it again. Usually doesnt last too long(30 min or so) but is MORE than enough to make us both happy without needing to do anything else.
PartyGalAnne
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Set a time limit. Tell him  "I will have sex with you. You have 30 minutes. Even if you're NOT finished in 30 minutes, you're DONE!"

Set the alarm. When it beeps, you get up and go on with your day. He'll learn to finish faster, I promise.

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Im 30 and dh is 48. Its at least once a day for 2 hrs for us. Rarely twice a day....I dont have that kind of flipping time nor does he lol

mhayes0784
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:10 AM

my bf wants it everyday but im good with once every couple weeks. he normally lasts 45 -2 hrs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN