Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

question for the married women

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM
  • 57 Replies
Would you describe your relationship as passionate? Is passion in your relationship? Do you feel lack of passion is a reason to end a marriage?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bertieb
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Yes to first two questions most of the time. To the third question, if one wants passion and the other doesn't then yes, if things don't change by talking about it,  you shouldn't have to live the rest of  your life that way.

Jerzymom
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this

In every marriage the flame turns into a simmer. Or may even go out completely. It is up to the both of you to try and keep the flame burning. I know it is easier said then done, but at least make an effort.

No, I don't think the lack of passion is a good reason to end a marriage.

boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

most of the time yes, we've had a lot of changes recently so that's been a challenge. for me, no a lack of passion isn't a reason to end a marriage. 

briebaby123
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes, yes, and no.
lol
To end a marriage for lack of passion would be silly! You found it once, find it again!! And if the marriage is still seeing that awful finish line, is lack of passion really the problem!?!

thecoffeefairy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Most of the time yes. Sometimes stress and other things get in the way. Passion is like the tide with natural ebb and rise. It is the responsibility of a married person to work at keeping the spark going. We have to know our partner and their desires.we then stive to fulfill them, within reason. A lack of passion is no reason for divorce. It's a reason to go to the sex store or the reason to date again or take a stripper pole dancing class. It's reason for him to realize he can't just be lazy and get fat too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sharell8710
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM

My marriage right now has NO passion. I crave it while my husband just doesn't seem to want to be bothered. Our life is filled with stress right now, so I pray that once things settle down we will have a stronger bond. I don't like to throw the D word around, but I can't see a marriage lasting long when it's like ours is at this time.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I would describe it as passionate

Yes we have passion in our marriage.

I think if one or both people arent feeling passion the first step would be to work on sparking it up again, add some spice to the relationship, some surprises, some new elements, more spontainety.

If along with the passion the LOVE is gone then as far as I'm concerned the marriage is over if one or both people arent in love anymore. But for just passion I strongly believe that can be rekindled.

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Yes, I would describe my relationship as passionate.  We passionately love each other, even when we're annoyed or upset with one another. 

Yes, I do think the lack of passion can be a reason to end a marriage.  If that love goes out completely and cannot be ignited, the marriage is doomed.  Usually, if the love becomes non existent, there are many other factors involved.

Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Passion and marriage don't go together, imo.

I've had passion, like searing passion before I met my husband, and its not as healthy as it seems. There is a difference between having a loving relationship, and having a passionate relationship. Passion isn't always good. Sometimes its horribly wrong. LIke the guy I was with...GREATEST sex ever....he could touch me and I would orgasm...but emotionally, it was absolutely devastating, and I almost didn't come back from it.

Now with my husband, we have wonderful sex, I'll admit, its not like it was with the other guy, but its different. Its love. We love eachother through thick and thin, and its a very stable relationship.

With passion, there is no middle, no balance. It is either really good or really bad, there is no in between.

People who want passion, shouldn't get married. Marriage is supposed to be a lifetime bond, and there aren't always happy times, but theres never any REALLY bad times. People who want passion, want to be REALLY happy, but as life has a balance, so do relationships...if there are really happy times, theres going to be really bad times.

tifbrown
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM

No, we still have some passion for each other, but not the same over the moon, lovey doves passion that we used to have. I am fine with that. As time goes on, love changes. I think it's very rare that that kind of intensity lasts forever. There are phases of love (forget the name of the book about that) and I think it is very true. People expect that beginning stage to last forever, and when it doesn't they want out. I think it's unrealistic and that you need to appreciate each stage for what it is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)