Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Sleeping Arrangements

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 54 Replies

So I just wonder if there are any women out there who sleep in a different bed or on the couch from their husbands?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babujai
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Not usually.  Sometimes in the summer I will just because he's too hot.

sissyboogs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM

No...but he works 3rd shift, so it's rare that we are ever actually sleeping in the bed at the same time. 

pittymama
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM
3 moms liked this

we usually share a bed. right now, i'm in the spare room because he's being an ass. 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Never on purpose. MOst of our marriage we were blessed to be able to sleep together every single night, neither of us ever slept on the couch etc even once.

This past year he got a new job though on the night shift so he has to work all night and sleep all day. And I sleep at night so we end up sleeping separate bc of that on weekdays but on weekends he switches to a normal schedule so we can spend our time together day and night and then we get to sleep together.  We LOVE spooning and sleeping together so it was hard to get use to this, but there are numerous benefits to this job and he loves it there so the sacrifice is still worth it in the end

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

LDavis33
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM

My hubby is away a lot for work and when he is gone we get very used to having a bed all to ourselves.  When he comes home it is an adjustment, and there are quite a few nights where one of us ends up on the spare bed.  He jokes that when we do finally build our dream house, it'll have two master bedrooms.

tifbrown
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Well, he works away, so there are extended periods we don't sleep in the same bed. But, when he is home we are always in our bed together. My parents have been married for 32 years and don't share a bed anymore. The both snore, my mom has hot flashes, so as soon as I moved out she took over my room haha.

keisha121
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM
If I fall asleep there
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Im sleeping on the couch right now, but that is only bc he isn't home and I can't sleep in the bed with out him :(

When he is home, we always sleep cuddled, even if we go to bed angry.

AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Not me. Partially it's because we live in a studio apartment and don't have a couch, though. In the future, I imagine there'll be some nights when I just want to sleep alone - I value alone time like that sometimes.

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM

The last trimester with my first 2 pregnancies the bed was SO uncomfortable for me that I slept in the living room in the recliner while he slept in the bed.  I hated it.  My husband would "tuck me in" and then go to bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN