Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

EDITED! Ugh, this just doesnt seem fair to me and Im pretty upset about it.

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 15 Replies
Hubby went out of town this past weekend for a hockey tourney. He left Friday and came back yesterday. He partied Friday and Sat night. I went out Friday night for a few hours. Anyhow, my girlfriend wants me to come out with her Friday night again. I told hubby I really want to go and he says, "Not sure why we can't just go together but that's fine. Ill just go out with my boys Sat night.". He said it quite sarcastic. I kind of got pissed and just didn't say anything because he was on his lunch break and I didn't want to start an argument then. I don't understand what the problem is. He was gone, basically a free man, for a whole weekend! I NEVER get to have girl time. I had a blast last Friday. I really want to go again! I love going out with hubby but sometimes its nice to have that girl time. Its pretty upsetting he doesn't see it that way. There have been MANY times I've stayed home so he could go fishing with his boys or go play hockey. He's probably stayed home with the kids maybe twice so I could go do something. Smh....I dont want to turn this into a huge fight but I really wish he could see the reason why I want girl time. Like I said, I love spending time with him but can't a girl have some GIRL time?

I plan on talking to him about it tonight but I honestly dont know how to talk to him about it. Like what to say and how to word it so it doesn't sound like I dont want to be around him. Help!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
We all neee some girl time. Take it easy...

Maybe talk to him calmly about it later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM
I am tonight. I need him to realize Im not wanting to go out without him because I dont want to spend time with him. Its because I need some girl time. He gets his time with his boys. Its only fair for me to get time like that as well.

Quoting biancalina20:

We all neee some girl time. Take it easy...

Maybe talk to him calmly about it later.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Maybe talk to him about it later

SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Bump for edit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:05 PM

You need to sit down and communicate with him.  You also need to tell him not to get sarcastic with you.  If he has a problem he can talk to you about it rationally.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM

This. Tell him calmly how you feel. Let him know his sarcastic comment upset you. You were being sincere when you said you wanted a night to just be with the girls. Since he was away all last weekend, he shouldn't mind giving you a few hours.

Quoting catrig:

You need to sit down and communicate with him.  You also need to tell him not to get sarcastic with you.  If he has a problem he can talk to you about it rationally.

SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Hmmm...okay. Thank you.

Anytime I bring up something like, "Well you did get to do this so I should get to do this" he says Im holding it over his head and he ends up getting pissed.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

This. Tell him calmly how you feel. Let him know his sarcastic comment upset you. You were being sincere when you said you wanted a night to just be with the girls. Since he was away all last weekend, he shouldn't mind giving you a few hours.

Quoting catrig:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Knowing me, I would say something smartass like "well if you feel I hold it over your head bc your get to go out and have fun without me, but want to be a double standard and not let me, your solution is to not go out either."

of course that would probably lead to more fighting. Oh but it would feel good to say. lol

::hugs:: I hope yall figure it out hun.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Hmmm...okay. Thank you.

Anytime I bring up something like, "Well you did get to do this so I should get to do this" he says Im holding it over his head and he ends up getting pissed.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Quoting catrig:

SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM
I just feel like telling him, "you're staying home with the kids and Im going out" but I wouldn't actually do that. I just dont see how its fair he gets all this guy time and I never do. He doesn't see it that way. I really need him to. I need this. I need friends.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Knowing me, I would say something smartass like "well if you feel I hold it over your head bc your get to go out and have fun without me, but want to be a double standard and not let me, your solution is to not go out either."

of course that would probably lead to more fighting. Oh but it would feel good to say. lol

::hugs:: I hope yall figure it out hun.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Hmmm...okay. Thank you.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Quoting catrig:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I'd tell my DH that if he wants to go tit for tat he owes you 3 days away from him and the kids. That should shut him up nicely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN