Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I'm starting to resent him...(long)

Posted by   + Show Post
I love my husband, I really do, but I'm starting to resent him! Soon after ds was born my dh decided he wanted to switch to graveyard shifts at work, I asked him not to cuz I knew it'd make me miserable, well he pushed it and pushed it until I finally caved and said to do it. Now, ten months later, I was right, I'm kinda miserable. I feel like I might as well be a single parent! He gets home in the morning and is falling asleep on the couch by the time we get up, so he sleeps most the day while I have ds and try to clean, then I go to work (only 4 hours though thNk heaven) and my mom watches ds while I work and right when I get off I get ds right back to take care of and I make dinner. Then dh wakes up, showers, and goes to work. I'm going crazy!

I hardly see him most days, and now I'm kinda bitter and a little resentful towards him that I get mad at almost everything he does. I feel like my happiness comes second to his and I feel so alone. I've talked to him about it and it helped for a couple days but of course he went right back to doin the usual. What do I do? How do I stop resenting him so much? I've tried to just let it go but I can't anymore, I'm constantly mad and its taking its toll on me. Any advice would be helpful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Replies (11-11):
TRS4
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM

it is hard to have a husband working nights specialy if u have kids in school but it is imperative u make the most of what time u can find. every 3 weeks  my husband works 6 nights straight and I feel lonely half way through but we try to make time for each other even if is just 5 min of cuddling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN